Bryston 2B-LP Pro Stereo Amplifier
Classic Sonic Excellence, Reliability, and Value - without Compromise.
The Bryston 2B-LP amplifier is a compact, high quality 60 watt per channel, (8ohms), stereo amplifier intended for use in home sound systems requiring a musically accurate, extremely reliable, no compromise power source.
While the 2B-LP has for years been thought of as an exceptionally articulate and transparent amplifier for traditional two-channel stereo setups, it is now finding additional acceptance in such installations as multimedia surround-sound systems, and in the most ambitious music systems with multi-amplified speakers using electronic crossovers.
Bryston's 2B-LP stereo power amplifier consists of two amplifier modules, each with its own "37.5v power supply, which can be operated independently or combined (MONO mode) to form a single 200 watt amplifier (8O load) in a 1 rack height chassis. Operated independently (DUAL mode) each channel can deliver 65 watts into 8O (or 125 watts into 4O). Each of the two amplifier modules use 2 of Bryston's custom power transistors for a total of 4 output devices per 2B-LP.
Features include: Completely separate stereo channels, including dual power supplies, to prevent any interaction between left and right signals, for precise soundstaging and image quality. Green/red power/clipping lights to give immediate indication of any overload or fault condition. Rear-mounted ground-lift switching to avoid potential ground loops and system hum. Gold plated five-way binding posts and gold plated RCA connectors to prevent any possibility of long term corrosion or connector distortion. Finally, higher power monaural operation is as easy as the flick of a rear-mounted stereo/mono switch.
Bryston exclusively uses only the finest components in our designs, such as 1% metal-film resistors, polystyrene capacitors and hand-matched transistors to reduce noise and distortion to the absolute minimum. All signal circuitry is fully discrete to avoid the compromises, phase shift and nonlinearities inherent in IC's. Bryston applies techniques and employs custom materials in our everyday construction of electronic equipment which are more typically found in military and aerospace industries.
If your requirements are sonic excellence, ultimate reliability, system flexibility and superb value, Bryston power amplifiers will surpass your every performance criterion.
Bryston 2B-LP Pro Stereo Amplifier Features :
* Bridging switch
* Ground lift switch
* Over 1600 cm/square of heatsinking;
Over 3200 cm2 with chassis
* Regulated power supply to all voltage gain stage
* Remote On/Off control via control voltage 12 volt trigger
* Each channel separated back to the linecord
* Channel clipping indicator
* Green = normal levels, Red = clipping
* Will deliver full output to any phase angle at 4 ohms or higher
* Gold-plated combo 1/4 inch/XLR jacks
* Power Output: 60 watts per channel, 8 ohm; 100 watts per channel, 4 ohms; 200 watts, bridged mono, 8 ohms
* Gain: 28.28 or 29dB
* Harmonic distortion: Less than 0.01% from 20Hz to 20kHz at 60 Watts
* IM distortion: Less than 0.01% from 10 milliwatts to 60 watt
* Noise: 100 dB below full output
* Crosstalk: Below noise 20Hz to 20 kHz at 60 Watts
* Slew Rate: Greater than 60 volts per microsecond
* Power bandwidth: .5Hz to over 100kHz
* Damping factor: Over 500 at 20Hz. ref. 8 ohms
* Input Sensitivity: 0.775 Volts in = 60 Watts at 8 Ohms
* Input Impedance: 20 K ohms balanced
* A/C Power Consumption and Heat Load: Idle Current, 58W; Stereo 8 Ohms (50W ea.), 286W; Stereo 4 Ohms (100W ea.) 498W; Bridged 8 Ohms, (200W) 504W; Max. Wattage, 504W; Max. Heat Dissipation, 304W / 1037 Btu/Hr
* Manufacturer's Warranty: 20 years parts and labor
* Dimensions: 19" wide, 1.75" high, 10" deep
* Weight: 28 lbs, 12.7 kg