SPL Passeq Passive EQ
Powerful Passive Studio EQ
The SPL Passeq Passive EQ js the most powerful passive EQ ever made. The Passeq is a neo-classic design with separate passive hi, mid and low boost & cut filters with 120V rail gain make-up stages and Lundahl I/O transformers. The musical character and rich sound of passive filters built with selected components fulfill the highest sound expectations in recording, mixing and mastering.
- The most powerful passive EQ ever made—144 (!) passive filters (72 per channel) in one EQ.
- Individual coils per filter.
- Single core coils, which means that every one is wound individually on its own dedicated core. This excludes sonic degradation from mutual influences while at the same time improving THD values.
- 120V makeup amplifiers based upon SPL unique SUPRA-OPs with 150dB dynamic rage and 200 v/ms slew rate
- Individual design and component specificity for each filter.
- Custom made coils for critical mid-frequency ranges.
- Boost and cut crossovers mesh perfectly so that with the high number of frequencies one can dependably command the most elaborate set of response curves that to date any passive EQ has offered.
- Transformers from Lundahl with perfectly matched sonic characteristics provide for balanced I/O stages.
- XLR contacts from Switchcraft.
- Switches and potentiometers from Elma and ALPS (including ALPS “Big Blue” with 41 steps).
- Internal, linear power supply featuring a generously proportioned toroidal transformer and voltage selection (110-120V, 60Hz or 220-240V, 50Hz).
- Inputs and Outputs: Instrumentation amplifier, transformer balanced
- Nominal Input Level: +4 dBu
- Input Impedance: =22 kOhm
- Output Impedance: ‹ 600 Ohm
- Max. Input Level: +28 dBu
- Max. Output Level: +32 dBu
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz-50 kHz linear, 50 kHz-100 kHz: -3 dB
- CMRR › 70 dBu (@ 1 kHz)
- THD & N (@ 0 dBu Input Level) › -110 dBu
- S/N A-weighted -115 dBu
- Crosstalk L/R (@ 1 kHz) › -85 dBu
- Dynamic Range: 143 dB
- Power Supply: Toroidal Transformer 48 VA, Voltage Selector 230/50 Hz ‹› 115 V/60 Hz
- Fuses 500 mA @ 230 V, 1 A @ 115 V
- Power Consumption 40 W
- Dimensions: Standard EIA 19 Inch Housing/4U 482 x 176 x 390 mm /ca. 19 x 7 x 15.6 inches
- Weight 11,8 kg /25.96 lb
- Notes: 0 dBu = 0,775 V
- Subject to change without notice.