AKG C 214
Large-diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Switchable 20dB Attenuation, and Low Cut Filter
The AKG C 214 was designed as a budget-friendly alternative to the leading-edge C414 family.
This new microphone uses the same diaphragm as the legendary C414 in a single-capsule, cardioid-only design that delivers 90% of the performance of the famous C414B-XLS at half the price!
Shockmount, windscrean & metal road case included!
The new C 214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C 414 family. It captures sound combining one side of the legendary C 414 dual-capsule system and AKG’s patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance close to the famous C 414 B-XLS.
The C 214 uses the cardioid-only version of the legendary C 414
large diaphragm microphone which has been awarded several times and
used on thousands of hit records. Since its introduction in 1971 it has
been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by
leading broadcast facilities the world over.
AKG C 214 Features :
- The cardioid-only version of the original C 414's capsule delivers AKG’s Legendary Large Diaphragm Sound
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Legendary Large Diaphragm Sound
- Roadworthy Design, All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant Finish
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
complete with (1) H-85 Spider-type Shock Mount & Stand adapter,
(1) W-214 Windscreen, and a Soundtool Metal Hard Shell Road Case
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria.
- NOW Also Available As A Factory Matched Stereo Pair!
AKG C 214 Applications :
- Professional studio recording applications use
- Lead vocals
- Lead instruments
- Ensemble recording
- Classical music recording
- Professional stage miking
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch—all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
AKG C 214 Specifications :
- Polar pattern : Cardioid
- Frequency range : 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity : 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL : 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level : 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) : 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad : 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope : 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance : <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance : >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage : 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Current consumption : < 2 mA
- Dynamic range : 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector : IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish : matte grayish blue
- Dimensions : (6.3 x 2.2 in.)
- Net weight : (0.62 lbs.)