AKG C-214 Stereo Set
Factory Matched Stereo Pair Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphones
Built on the success of the new C-214 and the big demand for matched pairs, AKG has just officially launched the C-214 Stereo Set!
The rugged construction of the C 214 delivers a highly detailed and accurate sound not only in the studio, but on the road as well. The introduction of the Stereo Set provides users with a complete solution that delivers outstanding performance and excellent quality from a matched pair of C 214's which comes complete with a comprehensive range of accessories.
The C-214 uses the cardioid-only version of the legendary C 414 large diaphragm microphone which has been awarded several times and used on thousands of hit records. Since its introduction in 1971 it has been on stage with artists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.
Realistic stereo recordings require microphones with outstanding performance and excellent quality. It also requires performance consistency and accurate localization from the pair of microphones. Therefore, every factory-matched pair of C 214’s is created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method and the result is the highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity for stunning, three-dimensional recordings.
Like the C 414 models, the C 214 is capable of handling the rigors of high-pressure sound such as amplified guitars, with a sensitivity perfect for voice and orchestral instruments as well. Additionally, the microphone offers a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch—all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C 214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Additional features include an integrated suspension, a double mesh grill high RF immunity without affecting acoustics. The circuitry in the C 214 provides maximum SPL capability with minimum noise and the gold-plated XLR-type output connector offers loss-free signals.
AKG C-214 Stereo Set Features :
- AKG's sophisticated computer aided factory-matched pair of large diaphragm microphones for stunning, three-dimensional recordings
- AKG Factory Matched Pair Certificate included
- Highest possible correlation over the whole frequency range and virtually identical sensitivity
- Created from thousands of individual microphones selected by AKG's sophisticated computer-aided matching method
- The cardioid-only version of the original C 414's capsule delivers AKG’s Legendary Large Diaphragm Sound
- Roadworthy Design, All-metal Die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Comes complete with (2) H-85 Spider-type Shock Mounts & Stand adapters, (2) W-214 Windscreens, a stereo pair certificate and Soundtool Metal Hard Shell Road Case
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria.
AKG C-214 Stereo Set Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mics Applications :
- Professional studio recording
- Lead vocals
- Lead instruments
- Ensemble recording
- Classical music recording
- Professional stage miking
AKG C214 Stereo Set Large Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Mics Specifications :
- Polar pattern : Cardioid
- Frequency range : 20 to 20,000 Hz
- Sensitivity : 20 mV/Pa (-34 dBV)
- Max. SPL : 136/156 dB SPL (0/-20 dB) (for 0.5% THD)
- Equivalent noise level : 13 dB-A to IEC 60268-4 (A-weighted)
- Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) : 81 dB
- Preattenuation pad : 0/-20 dB (switchable)
- Bass cut filter slope : 160 Hz, 6 dB/Octave, switchable
- Impedance : <=200 ohms
- Recommended load impedance : >=1000 ohms
- Supply voltage : 12 to 52 V Phantom power to IEC 61938
- Current consumption : < 2 mA
- Dynamic range : 123/143 dB (0/-20 dB) (A-weighted)
- Connector : IEC standard 3-pin XLR
- Finish : matte grayish blue
- Dimensions : (6.3 x 2.2 in.) x 2
- Net weight : (0.62 lbs.) x 2