GL2800 is designed for use in any live sound application, including theaters, music venues, houses of worship, festivals, corporate AV, stadiums, etc. With its neat, intuitive layout and straightforward analogue technology, clean audio and high dynamic range, its performance easily rivals that of the best digital consoles.
Uniquely at this level, GL2800 is equipped with 10 auxiliary sends - including a dedicated stereo aux - and using the 12x4 matrix, provides the ideal solution for IEM and stereo recording. 8 audio groups and L,R and M busses are also provided, allowing for full dual functionality with 10 mixes with faders, inserts and XLR drive.
And at the heart of this design is the new gain structure allowing a whopping 34dBu maximum input capability and a new ultra-quiet mix head amp section, delivering excellent audio performance.
Allen & Heath GL2800 Series Features :
- New extended headroom mic pre's with a whopping 74 dB range
- 8 Group, 10 Aux, LRM mix
- Enhanced 12x4 matrix
- 4 mute groups and true stereo IEM capability
- Frame sizes available; 24, 32, 40, 48 and 56 including 2 dual stereos
Dual Functionality :
We have taken our pioneering dual functionality a leap further with new capability for multi-output and personal monitor mixing. 10 Auxes include a dedicated stereo aux for creating stereo recording or monitor feeds, or new applications such as sending to a mix of two reverbs. As a monitor console, you get up to 14 mixes such as 8 wedges and 3 stereo IEM, complete with dedicated engineer's monitor using the M fader. With up to 56 input channels you can handle any festival or gig at FOH or on stage with no controls redundant in any mode.
Our new 74dB range, extended headroom mic preamp can handle the widest range of signals you are ever likely to encounter. Switch between XLR mic and TRS line sources, or plug into the XLR only to handle mic or line level stage sources up to a massive +34dBu. From the new low-noise mix amp through responsive 4 band EQ to the differential balanced +26dBu outputs, with its individual card and solid copper bar grounding, every stage has been carefully designed to ensure optimum gain structure and the best sonic performance possible.
12x4 Matrix :
A matrix with such capability is a major addition to any console at this price point. Fed from the 8 groups and L, R and M mixes, each matrix includes an external trimmable input with smart auto-switching to accept common mono, stereo or independent sources. Use just two standard jack cables to patch across from the stereo channel mic preamps to add stereo ambience to two stereo recording or monitor mixes. Nothing is wasted as the stereo channels may still be used as returns or line inputs. In monitor mode, the matrix provides a quick way to create studio quality IEM mixes with ambience and "more me" control. You even get matrix talkback and mono or stereo monitoring, perfect for keeping in touch with the performers.
Stereo Capability :
Responding to the demands of modern mixing, the GL2800 is equipped with plenty of stereo functionality. Aux 9-10 has dedicated level and pan control complete with mute and stereo monitoring. Listen to the matrix in mono or stereo, create an LCR mix from the LR and M buses, and add no fewer than 6 stereo line sources using the full feature stereo channels and 2 extra short fader dual stereo returns in the master section.
A well equipped Toolbox :
Engineers will be pleased to discover the many thoughtful touches that make the GL2800 a joy to use. Take for example, the recessed channel pre/post-EQ switches, the 3 headphones outputs including a small jack earpiece socket, the talk latch mode for using a switched handheld talkback mic, the built-in oscillator / pink noise generator with patchable output, extensive metering and much more!
Allen & Heath GL2800 48 Channel Features :
- 48 Channel Frame
- LR and M mix buses
- 8 Audio groups with pan and routing to LR and M
- 10 Auxes including a dedicated stereo send
- 2 multifunction stereo channels each with mic and stereo line inputs
- 2 dual stereos provide an extra 4 summed or independent stereo returns
- Fully featured 12x4 Matrix
- Proper dual functionality for FOH/Monitor mixing
- Recording capable with channel direct outputs
- M can be used for LR mono sum, engineers wedge, or centre/sub mix
- Matrix external inputs with level trims and common input capability
- Stereo channel mic inputs can cross patch into matrix for ambience feed
- Responsive 4 band, 2 sweep EQ
- 100Hz channel high pass filters
- Individual phantom power and polarity switching
- Wide angle channel and master meters
- Dedicated stereo monitor meters
- Per channel pre/post fader aux switching for full flexibility
- Recessed pre/post-EQ aux switching per channel
- Internal jumper plugs for aux, direct out and other options
- Mutes on all fader masters
- 100mm dust protected faders
- Assignable talkback to all outputs
- 1kHz oscillator / pink noise generator with external output
- 2-track monitoring and replay to LR
- 3 headphones/earpiece sockets and local monitor outputs
- Electronically balanced XLR outputs with +26dBu drive capability
- Preamp 74dB range with +34dBu input capability for mic or line
- Ultra low noise mix head amp design
- Uses external linear power supply
- Built-in combiner for redundant backup supply
- Metal jacks, gold-plated XLRs, sealed pots and switches
- Individual circuit card assembly with nutted pots
- Solid copper bus bar grounding
- Sys-Link V2 console linking option
- 4-pin lamp sockets
Dimensions and Weights :
48 Ch: 6.7"(h) x 25.6"(d)x 64.0"(w)