For 35 years, Allen & Heath has designed truly innovative mixers for the real world and has earned its enviable reputation for superior performance, functionality and incredible build quality. Their MixWizard compact mixers have carved out a unique place in the pro audio pantheon of professional multipurpose consoles. For years, and in every year, Allen & Heath has supplied thousands of MixWizards for hundreds of different applications, all of which have four requirements in common - great sound, high quality, ease of use and lots of really useful features.
Mix Wizard mixing consoles also feature the unique Quick Change Connector system. This allows mixers to be used in either a desktop configuration or, by simply rotating the connector pod, mounted in a standard 19" rack or flight case, taking up only 10U space.
Allen & Heath MixWizard3 16:2 Mixer Features :
- 16 XLR and 1/4" balanced inputs
- Inserts and direct outs on all mono channels
- 6 aux sends - 1 to 4 can feed the internal effects bus
- 2x stereo return can be +4 dB or -10 dbu
- Built-in DSP effects processors
- 100mm smooth action faders
- Performance improvements with new mic preamp design and more responsive EQ
- Extended PA possibilities with control of aux fed subs on new mono output fader
- Channel phantom power switches and signal indicators added
- User friendly options on aux sends and direct outputs
- XLR lamp socket
- New Syslink options
- Slimmer build
- Pluggable jumper links
- Easy service construction
- New meter moulding design
- Extra feet on connector pod
- Universal rack or desk mount
- Dual stereo channel routing modes
- Dual redundant power supply connector added
- Balanced channel XLR normals through TRS for mic or line level XLR
- Pre-EQ aux option added for pre-insert, post-mute
- New surface mount technology
- New side trims for style and portability
- Separate internal power supply module
16 mic/line channels, each with 4-band EQ, HPF, individual phantom power, 6 auxes, mute switch, signal and peak indicator LEDs and a 100mm smooth-action fader. A configurable direct out and insert using all-metal TRS jacks are provided.
Stereo Mix with A/B Out:
Main output controlled by 100mm faders with 12-segment 3-color metering with insert. A-B output for additional L&R stereo output selectable pre or post L&R faders. Unique underpanel mode switch to configure A-B as a local monitor output for additional stereo monitoring.
Dedicated Mono Output:
Mono fader feeds mono XLR output. Source select L+R sum or aux 6 mix for creating separate mono/C or aux fed sub mix.
6 Aux Sends:
6 auxiliaries: 1-2 prefade (option: link to follow pre/post switch), 3-4 switchable pre/post fade (option: permanently prefade) and 5- and 6 post fade (option to follow pre/post switch). Internal option to configure stereo channel L signal to odd auxes and R signal to even auxes. Aux masters are rotary controls with TRS outputs. The aux busses can be monitored in mono or related stereo pairs.
4-band EQ plus HPF:
Mono channels have separate controls for sweep and cut/boost on mid bands. HPF @ 100Hz is switchable.
2 Stereo Returns:
[TRS] line inputs, routed via level controls to L&R mix. ST1 can feed aux 1-4. Note: the internal FX returns to ST1. The ST1 input allows external FX to be mixed in.
Onboard Digital FX:
32 FX programs with external MIDI editing/control. Can be configured in single mode (16 programs fed from aux 5) or Dual mode (8 programs fed from aux 5, plus another 8 programs fed from aux 6). FX are returned via ST1 to the mix, aux 1-4. The effects can be muted using a footswitch. WZ FX editor software is available from the A&H website.
Headphone output and local monitor possible, with separate level controls. Red LED indicator when PFL on input channels is selected. PFL signal overrides the selected monitor source and L&R metering. A-B output can be configured as local stereo monitor.
Wizard FX Editor software:
Enables sounds to be created and stored above and beyond the capability of the basic mixer. Runs under Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, and XP. Intuitive Graphical User interface with knobs and buttons to select parameters in real time. Available from the A&H website.