The Allen & Heath ZED-248 comes from nearly 40 years of making mixing desks for the professional sound community. The audio circuitry is based on years of continual development and refinement and the performance of all the elements within the mixer is has been perfected to ensure the very best sound quality possible.
Allen & Heath ZED-428 Features :
- 24 mono inputs plus 2 dual stereo channels
- 4-Bus Routing
- 4-band EQ with 2 swept mids and in/out switch
- 6 auxiliary sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 pre/post)
- 4 sub groups fed from each channel
- L, R and M main mix outputs
- Individual channel 48V phantom power
- Direct output on every mono channel
- 2 dual stereo inputs with 4-band EQ
- Peak and signal indication on every channel
- 2 matrix sections available; can send output to USB
- Configurable USB stereo audio in/out
- Master level controls on all outputs
- Easy to use layout all connections and controls on top surface
- Cakewalk SONAR LE bundled with mixer
The ZED series of 4-bus mixer's takes inspiration from other product lines within the A&H range, combining them with fresh new ideas to give stunning results in a neat and easy-to-use package.
This is a mixer for anyone, from entry-level to professionals, who appreciates fantastic sound, rugged build quality and imaginative feature sets. It'll be equally happy running your gig on stage, recording live or mixing down in your studio at home.
What about the sound quality? Our chief designer, Mike Griffin, has been at the forefront of audio innovation for many years and has developed the designs for our spectacularly successful MixWizard and GL series professional live mixers. Mike is always striving to produce the best possible sound for our mixers, and for ZED has produced the "DuoPre", a mic preamplifier which sounds as sweet as a nut, as pure as the driven snow.
The DuoPreª combines an optimized line input circuit together with the microphone preamp circuit so that it will not color or distort your sound, will give you lots of headroom and give you a truly professional feel.
The padless DuoPreTM mic/line pre-amplifier is the new design, first implemented on the ZED-14 and delivers a high-headroom, low-noise signal. The 4-band, 2-sweep EQ, along with the low noise summing amps, is borrowed from the acclaimed GL2400, while the bus architecture is a simplified, but equally comprehensive, version of that employed in the successful GL series.
USB audio flexibility:
The USB audio interface, with its uniquely flexible capability, allows different signals to be sent to USB, from LR or from selected aux buses. The USB return signal can be routed straight to the LR mix, or to a stereo channel. Connectors are on top for easy plugging and patching. Construction, with individual circuit boards firmly nutted to the top panel, is as rock-solid as Allen & Heath's top-of-the-range ML Series audio mixers.
At this level, most mixers are built using a single, flat PCB with all the pots and switches attached at right angles. ZED-428 utilizes individual vertically mounted channel circuit boards with each rotary control fixed with a metal nut to the front panel - making a much more robust product that will resist damage and give years of reliable use. ZED also has professional 100mm faders for ultimate control over your levels.
Allen & Heath has teamed up with major software supplier, Cakewalk, to bundle its SONAR LE music creation and audio production software with ZED, giving you a fantastic, high spec digital audio workstation.
Allen & Heath includes the excellent SONAR LE digital audio workstation software for Windows with The ZED-428 mixer. With audio and MIDI multi-track recording and mixing capability, effects plug-ins and editing features, SONAR LE enables the ZED-428 4-Bus mixer to become a live recording or home recording mixer.
The ZED 4-bus series is available with either 16 mono inputs plus 2 dual stereo channels (ZED-420), 24+2 (ZED-428) or 32+2 (ZED-436).
SONAR LE Features :
- 64 audio tracks
- 256 MIDI tracks
- 8 simultaneous inputs and outputs
- 24-bit/192 kHz audio quality
- 24 simultaneous effects
- 8 simultaneous virtual instruments
- Integrated VST/VSTi support, without need for VST adapter
- Support for ACIDTM-format loops
- Support for ReWire clients such as Project5, Live, or Reason
- Elegant user interface
- Active Controller Technology automatically maps MIDI keyboards and control surfaces to the parameters you need most on effects, instruments, volume, pan, and other mix elements
- Easier integration of virtual instruments with Synth Rack
- Support for Windows Vista (32-bit & 64-bit), Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, and Windows XP operating systems