Aphex Logic Assisted Expander/Gate
The Aphex Model 622 incorporates proprietary detection circuitry that provides the most reliable, accurate, and stable operation of any gate. The model 622 also offers the highest quality audio path, flexible high "Q" key filters, key headphone outputs on the front panel and remote controlled bypass relays. All these features make the Model 622 the choice of professionals in recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement.
- Control audio leakage in stage and studio mixing applications
- Increase dynamics of any program material - recorded or live
- Manipulate external audio program for voice-overs and automatic level changes
- Key external sounds to any audio track
- Reshape any sound envelope
- Control feedback in live sound applications
- Create special dynamic effects
- Logic Assisted Gate Circuitry: combines sophisticated level detection with logic generated control voltage assuring positive, stable and accurate triggering regardless of attack time. Patents pending.
- Ultra-pure Audio Path: Proprietary Aphex VCA 1001 voltage controlled attenuator assures the highest audio quality, speed and freedom from DC control feed through (no clicks regardless of attack time).
- Parametric key input filters - 24 dB/octave: Switchable parametric filters with frequency and bandwidth controls allow user greater ease of frequency selection.
- Key Monitor headphone jack: provides ability to monitor key input without disrupting audio output.
- Dedicated downward expander mode: allows high resolution of ratio adjustment: from 1.2:1 to 10:1.
- 119 dB dynamic range.
- Switchable ducking mode: Fully adjustable control of trigger threshold, attack time, hold time, release time, expander ratio, and attenuation range.
- Simple and accurate metering system.
- Improved servo-balanced input and output circuits.
- 5 year limited warranty.
- +4/-10 operation, rear panel selectable.
- Hardwire relay bypass: remote controllable.
- Designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
- Best commercially available noise gate provides unmatched performance in all parameters
- Lowest distortion (0.005% typical)
- Widest frequency response (5 Hz 100kHz)
- No clicks, regardless of attack speed
- Ultra-quiet and reliable
- Fast setup, stable, reliable, accurate
- Simple and intuitive to operate
- Rugged and durable construction
- High dynamic range is most suitable for quality digital and analog recording applications
- Versatile - can be used in all recording and live performance applications
- Best user-value in terms of features, performance quality, and durability relative to purchase price.
Controlling Leakage In the Studio - The 622 is very useful to prevent one instrument from bleeding over into the track of another during tracking or mixing. The Key Filters can be used to tune the key signal so it responds to the desired instrument. Cymbals and bass drum can easily and effectively be kept out of a snare track, for example.
Reducing Feedback On Stage Microphones - By using the 622 as a gate on stage mics, they will be turned off when the performer steps back to take a solo. Pickup from the monitors and other instruments will be eliminated.
Keying External Sounds To A Percussion Track - The bass guitar or reverb or low frequency oscillators can be synced exactly to the bass drum. This can tighten or fatten up the rhythm track.
Reducing Tape Noise - The 622 can effectively reduce tape hiss by gating channels so no noise is being added to the mix when no signal is present. This can result in a tremendous reduction of noise on a multi-track mix.
Ducking Programs For Voice-overs and Paging - The ducking action of the 622 can automatically reduce the level of a music track whenever a voice (or other signal) is present, becoming an automatic mixer. The amount of ducking or attenuation is set with the RANGE control.