Discrete 10 Band Graphic EQ for the 500-Series Rack
One of our favorite graphic equalizers out there, the API 560 is a compact vertically mounted (surprise!) module that is amazingly intuitive and ergonomic.
Works with all 500-series powered racks.
Originally conceived for use in API Consoles of the 60's and 70's, the API 560 re-issue is a unique device designed to accomplish tasks that no other EQ can do. It delivers that "one-of-a-kind" API sound, precision easy set filtering, and high headroom in a very small package. Extremely fast to set and reset using accurate zero detents, the curve shaping potential of the 560 is unmatched.
The seemingly endless headroom, courtesy of API's legendary 2520
op-amp, allows extreme sonic manipulation with minimal artifacts.
At home both in field recording and the studio environment, this "new-old" version is a re-issue of the original 560 with improved resolution in the critical area of ±4 dB. Incorporating API's exclusive circuitry and proprietary components (such as the legendary 2520 op-amp), the re-issue of the 560 artfully blends the past with present—layout with function.
API 560 Features :
- 10 bands of API proprietary equalization
- Familiar graphics operation on one octave centers
- 12 dB of boost/cut per band
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Additional resolution within the ±4 region
- Center detent for reliable reset
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- Silent bypass button
- Re-issue of the 1969 API 560 EQ
The API 560 was created to fit all appplications for the professional engineer. For most of the 70's and 80's, every remote recording console that API manufactured used this versitile graphic EQ. It is also ideal for studio and live sound applications, where a professional result is required. This re-issue design has been taken from the original blue prints and spec control drawings from the API archives.
The large number of available EQ bands make the 560 an ideal companion to parametric EQ, as well as ideal for signal sweetening and room tuning. Not lacking in features, the 560 makes use of API's unique "Proportional Q" design introduced by API in the 60's, intuitively widening the filter bandwidth at lower boost/cut levels and narrowing it at higher settings. In addition, boost and cut characteristics are identical, so previous actions can be undone.
The extraordinary headroom made possible with API's proprietary 2520 op-amp offers predictable and wonderful "analog" performance under duress. With a wider range of 500 mounting options, the 560 will be a valuable asset to your performance critical applications.
The 560 Graphic Equalizer makes use of the 2510 and 2520 op-amps and therefore exhibits the reliability, long life, and uniformity which are characteristic of API products.
API 560 Specifications :
- Number of Bands: Ten
- Filter Type: Proportional Q, Octave entered, Continuously Adjustable Level
- Filter Frequency Centers: 31, 63, 125, 250, 500, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, 16 kHz
- Filter Boost/Cut: ± 12 dB
- Filter Slope: 12 dB per Octave at full boost or cut
- Input Impedance: 20 K Resistive, Balanced
- Output Impedance: Less than 85 Ohms
- Nominal Levels: -15 to +15 dBu
- Clipping Level: Better than +28 dBu
- Frequency Response: +0, -.25, 30 Hz to 20 kHz
- Noise: -95 dBu EQ Out, -90 dBu EQ In, Unweighted, 20 to 20 kHz
- Distortion: .05% max, @ +20 dBu Output
- Connectors: 15 position .156 sp edge connector
- Size: 1.5" X 5.25" X 6" Deep
- Shipping Weight/Actual Weight: 2 Lbs/1.5 Lbs
- Power Requirements: ±12/18 Volts/DC, @60 ma.