Stomp on it. Effects control without the mouse.
Imagine finding your sound without going back and forth from your guitar to your Mac. With GiO, you can audition effects presets in GarageBand, Logic and MainStage, and turn effects on and off while playing or recording... all without touching your keyboard.
Hands free recording.
GiO frees you from key-command recording allowing you to concentrate on your performance and not the space bar. The five transport buttons on GiO let you record, play, stop and quickly navigate thru your track without taking your hands off the neck of your guitar.
"Next" preset please.
Previous and Next preset select buttons let you quickly audition and toggle between guitar amps and effects presets in Logic and GarageBand and the patch lists in MainStage.
GiO’s 1/4” instrument input features Apogee’s world-class instrument preamp and converters. Hear and record your guitar’s true tone straight into Apple’s GarageBand, Logic and MainStage without compromise. GiO is optimized for all pickup configurations from the most basic single coil to sophisticated active electronics setups.
MIDI Expression pedal input
GiO’s Expression control pedal input allows access to traditional effects like wah-wah, and volume. Also, control effects parameters like the length of a delay or the speed of a tremolo. (Expression Control Pedal not included). Approved expression pedals include: Yamaha FC-7 and Roland EV-5
GiO is fully powered by the USB connection to your Mac eliminating the need for an external power source. Simply plug into an available USB port on any Mac and you’re ready to go.
Output: Headphones, monitors or instrument amplifier
Hear your guitar and recording like never before. Connect your headphones, powered monitors or instrument amplifier to Apogee converters via GiO’s 1/4” stereo output and listen to your guitar and mix with incredible clarity and dimension.
- Unbalanced 1/4” high impedance instrument input
- 1/4” MIDI Expression pedal input
- Line-level, 1/4” stereo output for headphones, powered monitors
- or an instrument amplifier
- A/D and D/A conversion @ 44.1/48kHz, 24-bit
- 5 Stompbox buttons, dynamically color coded to match software effects
- 5 Transport control buttons, dynamically lit when engaged
- 2 “Previous/Next” preset selection buttons
- Control built into Apple’s GarageBand '09, Logic Pro 9, and MainStage 2 software
- Dimensions: 7" W x 18" L x 2.5" H