XY Stereo Condenser Microphone
A compact battery operated stereo mic with an innovative design - ideal for video camera-mount use, stereo field recording, interviews and home recording.
Audio-Technica’s versatile AT8022 stereo condenser offers a compact housing and the pristine sound quality of a live sound field. Its coincident capsule configuration produces an X/Y stereo image in a small housing.
The AT8022 mic is supplied with two cables for use with either pro or consumer gear. It offers switchable low-frequency roll-off and the convenience of battery or phantom power.
The microphone is fully RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS).
Audio-Technica AT8022 Features :
- Innovative capsule configuration produces accurate stereo image in smaller housing
- Compact, lightweight design is perfect for video camera-mount use as well as for stereo field recording, interviews and home recording
- Ideal for use with handheld digital recording devices
- Operates on battery or phantom power—for use with pro or consumer equipment
- Switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Includes two cables: one balanced (two 3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output); one unbalanced (3.5 mm TRS at output)
- RoHS-compliant – free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
Audio-Technica AT8022 Specifications :
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate permanently polarized condenser
- POLAR PATTERN: X/Y Stereo
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-15,000 Hz
- LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: Phantom: –38 dB (12.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Battery: –38 dB (12.5 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- CHANNEL BALANCE: <2.5 dB
- IMPEDANCE: Phantom: 250 ohms
- Battery: 300 ohms
- MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: Phantom: 128 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Battery: 120 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- DYNAMIC RANGE (TYPICAL): Phantom: 109 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Battery: 101 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical (each channel)
- BATTERY TYPE: 1.5V AA/UM3
- BATTERY CURRENT / LIFE: 0.7 mA / 700 hours typical
- SWITCH: Battery On/Off; Flat, roll-off
- WEIGHT: 247 g (8.7 oz)
- DIMENSIONS: 186.0 mm (7.32") long,
- 47.6 mm (1.87") head diameter
- 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 5-pin XLRM-type
Balanced: 2.0 m (6.5') long, 8 conductor, shielded, vinyl-jacketed
stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone end and two
3-pin XLRM-type connectors at output end;
- Unbalanced: 0.6
m (2.0') long stereo cable with 5-pin XLRF-type connector at microphone
end and 3.5 mm TRS connector at output end
- ACCESSORIES FURNISHED:AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands; windscreen; battery; soft protective pouch
- AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: S12