Matched Pair of Cardioid Large Diaphragm Condenser Microphones
What could be better then an Audix SCX25A condenser microhphone? How about a factory matched pair!
Large-diaphragm transducer type cardioid condenser microphone with an internal capsule suspension mounting system for live and studio use.
The SCX25A delivers a sound quality found in classic mics that are much larger and many times more expensive.
Uniquely shock-mounted within an intricate machined brass ring, the capsule is isolated from the microphone body and the electronics. By successfully minimizing acoustic reflections and diffractions, SCX25A delivers a pure, open-air sound unlike any other mic.
The SCX25A is a true condenser microphone with an elegant design and a patented capsule suspension system. Uniquely shock mounted within an intricate machined brass ring, the SCX25A capsule is completely isolated from the mic body and the electronics. By successfully minimizing acoustic reflections and diffractions, SCX25A delivers a pure, open-air sound unlike any other microphone.
Audix SCX25A-MP Features :
- Factory Matched Pair - matched to plus or minus 1dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Wide frequency range of 20Hz to 20kHz
- Max SPL: 135dB
- Innovative Design
- Isolated Capsule Suspension System
- Low Noise Electronics
- Extremely Small Footprint With A Brass Body - Only 4 Inches Long
- 1 Year warranty
The Audix SCX25A-MP is a perfect set for the following applications :
- Drum Overheads
- Ambient room mics
- Leslie Cabinets
- Bells, chimes, marimba, vibes, harps
- Acoustic instruments (piano, sax, strings, guitar, flute)
Delivering a smooth uniform frequency response from 20Hz-20 kHz, the
SCX25A will reproduce vocals and acoustic instruments with exceptional
detail and realism. The SCX25A is very consistent when responding to
incoming off-axis signals, exhibiting excellent phase coherence and
minimal proximity effect. By employing miniaturized low noise
components, the preamp circuitry for the SCX25A is housed within a
brass microphone body which is merely 4 inches long. The result is the
smallest footprint of any large diaphragm microphone to date, allowing
the SCX25A more convenience and freedom when it comes to mic placement.
And because of the internal capsule suspension mounting system, the
need for costly shock mounts is eliminated and set-up time is
The SCX25A, which is manufactured to exacting
standards and tight tolerances, features a precision machined brass
body, innovative capsule suspension system, steel mesh grill, black
e-coat finish, laser etched model and serial number, Switchcraft® XLR
connector, and heavy duty nylon clip.
The SCX25A operates on
phantom power of 48-52 Volts. Optimum results will be achieved by using
the SCX-25 with a high quality mic preamplifier and premium quality
Audix SCX25 Specifications :
- Factory Matched : Pair matched to plus or minus 1dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz).
- Transducer Type: Condenser
- Frequency Response: 20Hz-20kHz
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Output Impedance: 200 ohms
- Sensitivity: 27 mV (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 14 dB (A weighted)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80 dB (ref 1k @ 1 Pascal)
- Power Requirements: 48-52V phantom
- Maximum SPL: 135 dB
- Dynamic Range: 121 dB
- Cable/Connector: 3 pin gold plated male XLR connector
- Polarity: Positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3of output XLR connector
- Housing: Brass
- Weight: 6 oz (each microphone)