Stereo / 2 Channel 24-bit/192kHz DA Converter in Black Finish
Two channel, 24-bit, 96-kHz Digital-to-Analog audio converter with Benchmark’s new HPA2 headphone amplifier.
Ideal for mastering studios, high quality recording studios, high-end home audio systems, or anywhere uncolored digital playback and critical listening is demanded.
The DAC1 is a reference-quality, 2-channel 192-kHz 24-bit audio digital-to-analog converter featuring Benchmark’s UltraLock™ technology. The DAC1 is designed for maximum transparency and is well suited for critical playback in studio control rooms and in mastering rooms.
A compact and rugged enclosure makes the DAC1 an excellent choice for location recording, broadcast facilities, and mobile trucks. The internal power supply supports all international voltages and has generous margins for over and under voltage conditions. Two ¼” headphone jacks are driven with Benchmark’s new HPA2™ headphone amplifier. The HPA2™ is a high-current amplifier that is capable of driving a wide variety of headphone loads while achieving less than 0.0003% distortion under load. The gain control sets the output level of the headphone jacks. It can also be used to control the output level of the balanced XLR and unbalanced RCA analog outputs. A rear-panel switch selects Variable or Calibrated output levels.
The DAC1 is perhaps one of the more significant recent advances in digital audio conversion technology. The DAC1 provides some of the finest analog conversion through 96-kHz, and will play back 192-kHz with a 48-kHz analog bandwidth. The performance of the DAC1 is unrivaled.
Listening to audio from the DAC1 is an amazing experience. The distortion free output is so pristine it truly feels as though someone has finally lifted the curtain! Now you can hear detail that was previously masked by jitter induced artifacts and distortion. If it was an exceptional recording, you’ll hear it, if it wasn’t, you’ll hear that as well.
The DAC1 is essential equipment for mastering studios, recording and broadcast studios, and audiophile home systems. After all, if you can't hear what your doing when you record, how can you fix it? The testimony of so many owners of the DAC1 is that, when listening to previous projects, they are now hearing elements they would have handled differently... had they heard them in the first place!
Benchmark DAC1 Key Features :
- Stereo/ 2 Channel, 24bit, 96-kHz D-to-A conversion with 192kHz capability
- 192-kHz playback with 48 kHz analog bandwidth
- Incredible distortion-free, jitter-free output
- Digital input source-selection switch
- Balanced, low-Z XLR outputs
- +29 dBu output level capability
- Unbalanced RCA outputs
- Variable or preset output level controls, switch selectable
- Direct connection to powered monitors
- Built-in Benchmark HPA-2, a high-output, ultra-clean headphone amplifier with dual outputs jacks
- Phase Accurate D/A conversion across any number of channels
- 1 power, 2 error indicating LEDs
- Internal low-radiation toroidal power supply
- International 115-230 input voltage range
- Automatic De-emphasis for 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz when Pre-emphasis bit is set
- THD+N = -106 dB (0.0005%) measured at -0 dBFS, any sample rate, any test frequency, with any degree of input jitter!
- 116 dB signal-to-noise ratio @48 kHz, A weighted
- AES/EBU (XLR & Coax) and S/PDIF (XLR, Coax, & Toslink) inputs
- Milled aluminum front panel
- 1/2 Rack size wide, 1RU chassis
- Optional Rack-mounting kit available.