Dynamic Microphone with Hypercardioid Polar Pattern & High SPL Capability for Vocals and Instruments.
An ideal all-around road mic, the M 88 TG is versatile and rugged. Capable of withstanding high SPL's and employing hum-rejecting circuitry, this hypercardioid dynamic is at home on everything from kick drum to live vocals.
The TourGroup version (TG) has a reinforced basket to withstand rough handling when being used for more demanding applications. The M 88 is often used in a broadcast environment as an announcers or EFP microphone.
Some products are born classics and the M 88 has to take centre-stage for being far ahead of its time when it was first introduced in the 1960’s.
Incorporating a new low-mass diaphragm element,
the M 88 TG has earned its place in history in the Kick Drum. Sound engineers have found that the lightening-fast response of the microphones reproduces the complex sound patterns of this instrument resulting in the tight “thump“ without the need for
complex signal processing. This characteristic works equally well on other instruments especially where intricate low frequencies and their harmonics need to be captured.
The M 88 TG is one of the most frequently specified microphones by sound engineers worldwide and heralded a beyerdynamic contemporary classic
as this microphone becomes renown for capturing emotive audio signals.
Beyerdynamic M 88 TG Features :
- Highly defined hypercardioid polar characteristic
- Extended frequency range with rising high end and exceptional bass reproduction
- High volume-before-feedback
- Sensitive with accurate response
- Integrated hum-buck coil
- High SPL handling capability
- Integral -20 dB humbucking filter
- Rugged construction
- Supplied with microphone clamp and storage bag
Vocals, bass drum, bass amp, cajón, studio
Beyerdynamic M 88 TG Specifications :
- Transducer type: Dynamic
- Operating principle: Pressure gradient
- Frequency response: (close miking) 30 - 20,000 Hz
- Polar pattern: Hypercardioid
- Side attenuation: > 23 dB at 120°„
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz (0dB = 1V/Pa) 2.9 mV/Pa °‘ -30.7 dBV
- Magnetic field suspension: >20 dB °‘ 50 Hz
- Nominal impedance: 200 ohms
- Diaphragm: Hostaphan
- Case/Finish: Brass in Matte Black
- Connector: 3-pin XLR
- Dimensions : Length 181 mm, Shaft diameter 25.5 mm, Head diameter 48.5 mm
- Weight without cable: 320 g