Electret Condenser Shotgun Microphone with Hypercardioid/Lobe Polar Pattern - Camera Mountable for Remote and Video Recording
The MCE 86 II shotgun microphone can be used for video recordings, lecterns or theatre applications. The microphones are extremely light and rugged and therefore ideal for mounting onto cameras or camcorders - ideal for outdoor applications and in studios with fish pole booms, or as handhelds!
Includes a EA 19/25 elastic suspension and MKV11 mic clamp.
The Beyerdynamic MCE 86 II is a professional shotgun microphone designed to be used with consumer and video cameras, as well as fixed installation on lecterns, theater stages and much more. The rugged shotgun microphone measures 310mm long and features a hyper-cardioid / lobe pick up pattern. The pick up pattern effectively minimizes noise and off-axis (side) signal while accurately reproducing the source signal at the front of the microphone capsule. The MCE86 II is powered via 11-52V phantom power source.
The MCE 86 II shotgun microphone can be used for video recordings, lecterns or theatre applications. It's extremely lightweight and rugged making it ideal for mounting onto cameras or camcorders.
Beyerdynamic MCE 86 II Features :
- High sensitivity
- Hyper-cardioid lobe polar pattern
- Excellent off-axis rejection
- Integrated active filter reduces wind noise, rumble and motor noise.
- Rugged yet lightweight design
- Non-glare durable polymer coating
Beyerdynamic MCE 86 II Application :
- Professional cameras
- Camcorder, DAT, MD-recorders
- Multipurpose halls
- Miking choirs
- Field recording
The Beyerdynamic MCE 86 II's construction and integrated active filter makes the microphone insensitive towards wind and vibrations caused by zoom motors. Each sound source is reproduced absolute clearly.
The MCE 86 II can only be powered from balanced phantom source.
If phantom power is not available, then the MCE 86 II S version should be used - this microphone can be phantom powered or battery powered with an integrated 1.5 V battery.
Beyerdynamic MCE 86 II Specifications :
- Transducer type Condenser (back electret)
- Operating principle Pressure gradient
- Polar pattern Hypercardioid/lobe
- Open circuit voltage at 1 kHz (0dB = 1V/Pa) 30 mV/Pa
- Nominal impedance 150 ohms
- Load impedance 1 kohms
- Frequency response 50 - 18,000 Hz
- Max. SPL at 1 kHz 128 dB
- S/N ratio rel. to 1 Pa > 61 dB
- Supply voltage 11 - 52 V phantom power
- Variant MCE 86 S II, MCE 86 S II CAM
- Length 253 mm (MCE 86 II) / 310 mm ((MCE 86 S II)
- Shaft diameter 25 mm / 21 mm
- Weight without cable 92 g (MCE 86 II) / 120 g ((MCE 86 S II)