Crown DSi 2000 Power Amplifier
2-Channel DSi Series Cinema Power Amp - 800 Watts Per Channel at 4 Ohms
The DSi-Series of power amplifiers from Crown represents a new era in affordable contractor & commercial install power amplification.
Consisting of three DSi models constructed in a uniform 2U steel chassis - complete with onboard digital signal processing and an intuitive front-panel LCD screen - incorporating the best of tried-and-true design principles and innovative features.
If any company knows how to build a great power amp, it's Crown. They've been building rock-solid power amps for over 30 years, and their latest, the DSi-Series, has been engineered from the ground up for unmatched quality and performance. The Crown® DSi Series of power amplifiers offers three models of 500W, 800W, and 1200W per channel at 4 ohms.
Onboard digital signal processing includes crossovers, EQ filters, delay and output limiting. Rear panel HD-15 connector provides easy input/ output connectivity between DSi amplifiers and the new DSi-8M System Monitor.
The intuitive front panel LCD screen guides installers through a setup process—featuring presets for the industry-standard JBL cinema loudspeaker systems—to make configuration quick and easy.
Crown’s DSi-Series cinema amplifiers are backed by Crown’s Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty.
Crown DSi 2000 DSi Series Cinema Power Amplifier - 800 Watts Per Channel at 4 Ohms
Crown DSi 2000 DSi Series Power Amp Features :
- Automatic presets for popular JBL cinema speaker systems for quick, easy configuration
- Intuitive front-panel LCD screen guides installers through setup
- Onboard Digital signal processing includes crossovers, EQ filters, delay, and output limiting
- Computer connectivity via USB allows fast setup and configuration with HiQnet™ System Architect™ software
- Rear-panel HD-15 connector provides easy input/output connectivity between DSi amplifiers and new DSi-8M System Monitor
- Switch-mode universal power supply
- All DSi-Series are 2U rack spaces and weigh under 19 pounds
- Barrier strip outputs, removable Phoenix-style input
- Three-Year, No-Fault, Fully Transferable Warranty completely protects your investment and guarantees its specifications
Output Power :
1000W @ 2-Ohm Stereo (Per Channel)
800W @ 4-Ohm Stereo (Per Channel)
475W @ 8-Ohm Stereo (Per Channel)
2000W @ 4-Ohm Bridged-Mono
1600W @ 8-Ohm Bridged-Mono
Crown DSi 2000 DSi Series Power Amp Performance :
- Frequency Response: ±0.25 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 Watt into 4 Ohms.
- Phase Response (at 1 Watt, 20 Hz to 20 kHz): ±15°.
- Load Impedance: Safe with all types of loads. Rated for 2 to 8 Ohms in Stereo mode, 4 to 16 Ohms in Bridge-Mono mode.
- Signal to Noise Ratio (below rated 8-Ohm power at 1 kHz): 105 dB (A weighted).
- Damping Factor: Better than 500 from 20 Hz to 500 Hz.
- Crosstalk: > 80 dB below rated power, 20 Hz to 1 kHz.
- Common Mode Rejection (CMR): > 45 dB from 20 Hz to 1 kHz.
- Input Stage: Input is electronically Balanced and employs precision 1% resistors.
- Input Impedance (nominal): 20 k Ohms, Balanced;10 k Ohms, Unbalanced.
- Maximum Input Signal: +22 dBu typical.
- AC Line Voltage and Frequency Configurations Available: 100V, 120V-240V, 50/60 Hz.
- AC Line Current:
- DSi 1000: 6.5A
- DSi 2000: 6.9A
- DSi 4000: 8.0A
- At Idle: Draws no more than 90 Watts.
- Operating Temperature: 0° C to 40° C at 95% relative humidity (non-condensing).
DSP Section :
- EQ: 6 parametric filters per channel with adjustable Q, boost/cut ±15 dB. Also adjustable high and low shelving filters.
Highpass and Lowpass per channel. Butterworth 12/18 dB per octave and
Linkwitz-Riley 24 dB per octave. High and low shelving filters, one per
- Delay: Up to 50 msec total delay per channel.
- Output Limiter: Prevents Clipping and protects loudspeakers. Choice of –3, –6, or –12 dB threshold per channel.
- Presets: 5 user-definable loudspeaker presets and 15 factory-default JBL system presets.
Front Panel Controls and Indicators :
- Level: Detented rotary level control, one per channel.
- Power Switch: On/off switch applies AC power to the Amplifier.
- Sel/Prev/Next Buttons: Three buttons near the LCD screen are used to access menu items.
- LCD Screen: Backlit Liquid Crystal Display shows speaker presets and signal processing.
- Signal Indicator: Green LED, one per channel, flashes when a very low-level signal is present at input.
- –10 Indicator: Green LED flashes when output signal exceeds –10 dB below clip.
- –20 Indicator: Green LED flashes when output signal level exceeds –20 dB below clip.
- Ready Indicator: Green LED, one per channel, illuminates when the Amplifier is ready to produce audio.
- Clip Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, turns on at the threshold of audible distortion.
- Temp/Fault Indicator: Red LED, one per channel, illuminates under Fault or excessive temperature conditions.
- Power Indicator: Blue LED illuminates when the Amplifier has been turned on and has power.
Rear Panel Controls and Connectors :
- AC Line Connector: NEMA 5-15P (15A).
- Input Connector: Two 3-pin removable Phoenix-type connectors each accept a Balanced Line-Level input signal.
- Output Connectors: 4-position barrier strip with connectors for dual louspeakers or bridge-Mono loudspeaker.
- HiQnet USB Connector: Type B, connects to a HiQnet network.
- HD-15 Connector: For cinema I/O compatibility with DSi-8M System Monitor.
amplifiers are protected against shorted, open or mismatched loads;
overloaded power supplies; excessive temperature; chain destruction
phenomena; excessive output current, and input overload damage. They
also protect loudspeakers from input/output DC, large or dangerous DC
offsets and turn-on/turn-off transients.
Crown DSi 2000 DSi Series Power Amp Construction :
- Chassis: Steel.
- Cooling: Proportional speed fan with front-to-rear airflow.
- Dimensions: 19.0" width x 3.5" high x 12.25" deep
- Net Weight: 19 lbs
- Shipping Weight: 22 lbs