Dynaudio BM 9S
Active 10" Studio Subwoofer with Bass Management, 29 Hz to 250 Hz Frequency Response, and Closed Cabinet Design
The Dynaudio BM 9S is perfectly suited for adding that extra low-end punch to a 2-speaker system - an ideal subwoofer for recording studios or home theater applications.
The Dynaudio BM 9S subwoofer is intended to operate with the BM series monitors (like the Dynaudio BM 5A monitor.)
It is extremely well-suited for that extra punch to the bottom in setups where space is limited. The Dynaudio BM 9S delivers a clear, crispy and surprisingly powerful punch when you take its almost diminutive size into account. The Dynaudio BM 9S will complement stereo and multichannel monitoring equally well and when daisy-chaining of subwoofers is needed, it sports a low level LFE input/output.
Dynaudio BM 9S Active Subwoofer Features :
- 10" active woofer
- Phase adjustment in 0° / 180°
- Auto on/off, power LED
- Mode selection, LFE or slave
- Adjustment of low-pass corner frequencies (50-150Hz)
- SAT/SUB high-pass adjustment, Flat, 60 Hz, 80 Hz
- 200 W @ 4 Ohms
- Discrete LFE input, slave output for linking
- Closed cabinet for extremely precise low frequency reproduction
- Compact design for even the smallest control room
- Dimensions: 11.6" X 11.4" X 12.5"
For significant control and enhancement of the general performance, the Dynaudio BM 9S is a closed cabinet type. This creates an internal pressure by which the woofer gains a considerable amount of precision when it comes to the reproduction of low frequent signals. This precision is easily audible and it augments the feeling of reality that the listener experiences.
The Dynaudio BM 9S is designed according to the strict BM series specifications. With a 10" woofer and 200 Watts of power, and virtually minute dimensions, this sub is tailor-made to take care of even the most comprehensive challenges where space is scarce. Being every bit as versatile as the rest of the BM series, Dynaudio BM 9S is a very competent partner for smaller stereo and multichannel setups, giving a very powerful system for even the most demanding users across the globe.
The Auto On/Off function, provides a minimized idle energy usage by shutting off after minutes of no input signal. The auto sensing circuit enables BM9S to automatically come to life when input signal is detected.
The satellite filters that this sub sports, provides high-pass filtering of the monitor source signal allowing 60Hz or 80Hz corner frequencies. This is a huge advantage for the monitor performance, as the satellites do not need to deal with power consuming lower frequencies. This leaves all the satellite power to greatly accelerate performance and precision.
Dynaudio BM 9S Specifications :
- System : Active Subwoofer
- Frequency Response (+/- 3 dB) : 29 Hz - 250 Hz
- Low Frequency Limit : 29 Hz
- High Frequency Limit : 50 Hz - 250 Hz Sub input, 150 Hz LFE input
- Amplifier Power : 200 W @ 4 Ohms
- Crossover Frequencies HP Sat: Flat / 60 Hz / 80 Hz
- Low Pass filter : 50 – 150 Hz
- Crossover Slope : 2nd order Butterworth
- Crossover Bypass : Yes (Flat)
- Phase adjustment : 0° / 180°
- Inputs : Balanced/XLR
- Input Sensitivity for Full Output : 75 mV – 5 V
- Maximum Input : 10 Vrms
- Input Impedance : 20 kohms
- Output : Balanced / XLR
- Master / Slave Link : Yes
- Drive Unit : 10" (24 cm), long throw
- Magnetic Shielding : Yes
- Internal Cabinet Volume : 15.9 litres
- Bass Principle : Closed
- Power Consumption : Max. 325 W
- Power Consumption Standby : 16 W
- Mains Voltage : 100-120V 50/60Hz or 220-240V 50/60Hz
- Weight (net) : 10 kg / 22 lbs
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 294 x 289 x 318 mm / 11.6" x 11.4" x 12.5"
- Warranty - 2 years on parts and labor