Dynaudio BM 5A Compact (Pair)
Compact Active Bi-Amped Studio Nearfield Monitors with 50W 6.9" Woofer and 50W 1" Silk Dome Tweeter
Danish manufacturer of loudspeakers Dynaudio Acoustics sets a new benchmark for what an affordable active nearfield monitor can be... by bringing to the table one swweeeeeett set of two-way active nearfield studio monitors.
The Dynaudio BM5A Nearfield Monitor delivers precise quality sound reproduction in a small package.
This high-performance monitor comes in a very compact design and it is extremely well suited for production environments where space is a concern. The BM 5A is well suited for music monitoring and mixing, broadcasting, OB vans, edit suites, playback suites, project studios and smaller post production facilities.
The small size in combination with the renowned Dynaudio Acoustics performance makes the BM 5A suitable for smaller 5.1 productions. When space is limited, the combination of the BM 5A with the BM 10S will deliver a full-blown 5.1 system with a remarkable performance, most often only known from larger setups.
The BM 5A monitor is a further development of the BM series and great effort has been made in extending the range with this small active monitor. Dynaudio Acoustics' engineers have redesigned and fine-tuned the BM 5A, according to the latest Dynaudio Acoustics technology.
The 2-way active system with a 175mm (6.9 in.) woofer and a 28 mm (1.1 in.) soft dome tweeter, builds on classical reference monitor technology. With the redesign of the exterior and the latest fine-tuning of the drivers, the BM 5A is sure to live up to even the most scrutinizing monitoring standards.
The BM 5A comes with a two times 50 watts amp package and a frequency response of 50 Hz - 21 kHz.
Dynaudio BM5A 2-Way Active Monitor Features :
- Outstanding monitor for intimate spaces and surround systems
- Flawless performance from 100% custom-designed and built drivers, cabinets and electronics
- Clear, clean bass from 6.9" woofer
- Even, peak-free response from silk dome tweeter
- Master-built bass reflex cabinet optimizes low frequency response
- Dual discrete MOSFET amplifiers and precision electronics power the cleanest possible signal
Dynaudio BM 5A Active Nearfield Monitor Specifications :
- Active nearfield monitor with 6.9" woofer and 1" silk dome tweeter
- Frequency response 50Hz - 21kHz (+/- 3 dB)
- Max SPL 1m, pair (IEC Short Term): 115 dB peak
- Max SPL 2m, 5.1 (IEC Short Term): 116 dB peak
- Input level for 85 dB SPL @1m (+4/-10): -16dBu RMS @ 0dB setting
- Input level for max peak SPL (+4/-10): +9dBu Peak @ 0dB setting
- Power consumption at idle: 10 W / Max: 90 W
- Amplifier power - Tweeter: 50 watts Woofer: 50 watts
- Bass reflex cabinet with radius edges on front baffle
- Resonance frequency: 55 Hz
- Internal cabinet volume: 9 liters
- Bass principle: bass reflex
- Crossover frequencies: 1500 Hz
- Crossover slope: 6 dB/oct
- Tweeter: Esotec 28 mm/1.1 in. soft dome, rear chamber, Magnetic fluid. 4 mm die-cast aluminum front, Pure aluminum wire voice coil
- Woofer: 175 mm/6.9 in., One-piece molded poly-prop cone, 75 mm/3 in. pure aluminum voice coil
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 186 x 320 x 320 mm / 7.3 in. x 12.5 in. x 12.5 in.
- Weight: 8.7 kg / 19.2 lbs