The Earthworks 1022 is a dual channel microphone preamp, based on the philosophy that extended frequency response and faster, cleaner time domain performance will yield more life-like results.
The ZDT preamplifier series is based on all new discrete circuitry
designed by David Blackmer, establishing a new standard of sonic
excellence in electronics.
Earthworks 1022 Features :
- Lowest Noise of any preamp on the market
- Full Differential (balanced) from XLR in to XLR out – no internal conversion to single-ended
- All Discrete Components; Class A Amplification (No ICs in the signal path)
- No Electrolytic Capacitors in the signal path
- Greater Transparency with minimum signal path and minimum features
- Zero Distortion - less than one part per million
- High output level +33dBu
- Very Low Output Impedance will drive long lines without interference or signal loss
- True 48 volt phantom, polarity reverse & clip indicator
- Separate XLR & 1/4” Phone (t-r-s) outputs, each with its own gain/level controls
- 1/4” Phone connector output will drive balanced or unbalanced inputs
The 1022 with its Zero Distortion Technology (ZDT) delivers immeasurable amounts of all forms of distortion, with a frequency response that is flat and wideband. Further, the preamp provides the recording engineer with the ability to accurately capture sound exactly as it happens in any sonic environment. This still allows for making sonic coloration and textural choices at a later stage, while retaining the original, life-like recording.
This exacting new standard provides frequency response from 1Hz to 200kHz +0.5dB, an incredible rise time of 0.27 microseconds and distortion of less than 1 part per million (0.0001%) - eliminating all possibility of sonic degradation.
These preamps are so fast, so clean and so transparent that you don't even know they are there. It is like plugging your microphone into a "piece of wire with gain". You will hear clarity and detail with the ZDT preamps that is not available in any other preamp at any price.
Check one out for your studio or other applications that demand the highest quality electronics.
The unit is housed in a 1U rackmount chassis.
Earthworks was formed by David Blackmer, the inventor of dbx, to realize his vision of upgrading the entire audio chain to new standards of sonic realism. To that end, the unit is currently the quietest preamp available, particularly evident when high gain is used in recording classical music.