The H8000FW from Eventide is a highly programmable, multi-channel, digital signal processor. Over 1,800 presets cover the entire gamut of signal processing, from lush reverbs, to choruses, flanges, delays, pitch shifters, dynamics, EQs, to filters, distortions, synthesizers, samplers, ring modulators and everything in between.
The unit houses two independent signal processors, each having eight inputs and eight outputs. The two processors can be run in parallel, in series, or in any variation utilizing the unit's "anything to anything" routing capability. In addition, the H8000 can run "monolithic programs" that use the processing resources of both DSPs to run a single large program.
For the users who are interested in making their own programs, the H8000 continues Eventide's "modular programming paradigm." Programs are composed of individual building blocks, or "modules" and with the open architecture of the unit, the users are able to create their own original programs.
Eventide H8000FW Ultra-Harmonizer Features :
- FireWire connection to computer DAWs
- Eight channels of AES/EBU, ADAT and stereo S/PDIF at 24-bit
- Stereo XLR and TRS inputs
- MORE processing power than Eventide's Orville!
- New search engine for easier preset sorting
- Monolithic Tandem - Allows one large algorithm to run using two DSP chips, providing you with a TON of processing power
- Over 1,600 built-in Eventide preset algorithms
- MIDI, BPM, and Tap Tempo lock
Multi-Processor Features :
- The culmination of thirty-five years of digital effects creation, the H8000FW includes 1,800+ stunning programs that cover all audio processing categories
- Eight channels of up to 24-bit/96kHz processing including over eighty 5.1 presets, including 5.1 reverbs and effects
- Includes UltraShifter, a natural-sounding, formant-corrected pitch changer, optimized for voice, which also provides automatic pitch correction
- 174 second mono sampler, or 87 seconds of phase-locked stereo with advanced looping, editing and layering capabilities
- Over forty Virtual rack programs which combine up to five stereo effects in one program
- The unit can run two Virtual Rack programs simultaneously
- Contains the best of Eventide's post-production suite of effects including a wide variety of phone and speakerbox emulations
- Eight channels of phase locked time compression/expansion for broadcast
Connectivity Features :
- Twelve AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs, eight ADAT digital inputs and outputs and two S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs
- Four analog inputs and outputs
- Sixteen channels ofFireWire for connection to a PC or Mac
- Very comprehensive routing capabilities for controlling all of the I/O
General Features :
- Pristine analog with a signal-to-noise ratio of better than 110dB
- MIDI, BPM and Tap Tempo lock effects in time with the beat
- Comprehensive search engine functionality for easier preset sorting
- Complex editing simplified with "Building-Block Effects Architecture"
- Includes VSIG and VSIG-X graphic editor/development tools, FireWire drivers for Mac (including Universal Binary) and PC, and routing program
- Ethernet jack for plug-and-play use with Eve/Net remote controller
CONNECTIONS GALORE- The ultimate I/O for your computer :
The H8000FW offers four channels of pristine analog I/O combined with eight channels of AES/EBU, ADAT, and S/PDIF I/O. New FireWire I/O now allows direct connection to your Mac or PC so you can directly patch 24-bit audio to and from the eight inputs and outputs.
The analog inputs feature either guitar-friendly ¼” hi impedance input jacks or XLRs. The H8000FW also offers remotely switchable true bypass.
DIGITAL EFFECTS WORKSTATION- Create your own algorithms :
With the H8000FW you will run out of ideas before you run out of DSP power. With our catalog of over 230 effects modules, you can create effects never before thought of either from the front panel or using the supplied development tools for PC or OS X. Whether creating your own unique signature effect or dialing up one of our studio standard effects from the plethora of preset-algorithms, you will never run out of creative possibilities.
POST-PRODUCTION AND BROADCAST ESSENTIALS- The complex made simple :
The H8000FW is chock full of our best post-production effects, including: CB Radio, Cellular Phone, Long Distance, Random Dialer, Off Hook!, Real Dialer, Megaphone, Shortwave Radio, Traffic Report, Radio, Intercom, Public Address, Fries With That?, Office Intercom, Sound Truck, Talking Dashboard, Clock Radio, Bullhorn, Airplane Background, Jet Flybys, TankAttack, Mortar Shells, Stormwatch, TV in Next Room, Boom Box, to name a bunch. ..
Also included are templates for eight precision delays for multichannel video post applications, and tools specifically designed to facilitate 5.1 frame rate conversion and its associated problem of pitch correction, along with a dedicated channel for time code delay.
5.1 REVERB AND EFFECTS EXTRAORDINAIRE :
The H8000FW is packed with 5.1 halls, chambers, rooms, booths, ambient spaces, and plates, as well as a full tool kit of multichannel effects. Included are eight individually adjustable sets of straight delays, modulated delays, ribbon delays, reverse delays, panning delays, diatonic shifters, flangers, EQs, phasers, tremelos, and filters.
AND NOW MIDI VIRTUAL RACKS- Stacked effects with instant program change :
The H8000FW offers twenty MIDI Virtual Rack preset-algorithms, featuring up to five full-blown effect processors ganged together. Each preset offers ten different tweaks which can be programmed, stored, and controlled in real time through MIDI. Up to forty-five different parameters can be controlled with one MIDI control message. Individually optimized for guitar, vocals, or percussion and designed with performance in mind. Single effects blocks are also offered as separated presets so that effect chains can be assembled using VSIG.
OODLES OF SAMPLE/DELAY MEMORY :
The H8000FW offers 174 seconds of mono or 87 seconds of stereo, leaving you plenty of time for looping and flying in choruses. It can be used in conjunction with the arsenal of effects. The H8000 offers fast, precise triggering.
ULTRASHIFTER™ - THE APEX OF PITCH MANIPULATION :
The H8000FW incorporates Eventide’s most advanced formant-maintaining pitch shifter optimized for the human voice. The UltraShifter’s real-time adaptive resynthesis allows for unmatched modification of vocal timbre. So, if you are changing gender or going for something completely bizarre, we’ve got you covered.
THE LONG AND THE SHORT OF IT - 8 Channels of time compression/expansion :
Eventide’s Timesqueeze® algorithm has been proven in the demanding arena of broadcast production. If you need to time compress or expand your 5.1 audio for an HD broadcast, our new phase-locked 8 channel Timesqueeze is fast, simple, and sounds great.
The H8000FW offers everything you need to control its parameters and functions from a remote. If you are on stage, the H8000FW offers full MIDI control or analog control. ¼” inch TRS jacks accept up to two external foot pedals, up to six external foot switches, or a combination. If you are on the mixing stage, or behind the console, Eventide’s EVE/NET™ remote brings all the control and graphics display of the front panel, along with eight continuous controllers, to the sweet spot of your choice.