Lynx Aurora 16-HD I/O D/A and A/D Converter
16 Channel AD/DA Converter 24-Bit / 192 kHz with Installed LT-HD Interface Card for Pro Tools|HD
The Lynx Aurora 16-HD I/O D/A and A/D Converter is the Aurora 16 with Lynx LT-HD pre-installed. Suggested Retail Price of the two units separately is $3690. Buy the Aurora 16 or the Aurora 16-VT and you get the LT-HD card included and installed for just $100. This is a $295 savings from the standard retail price of the LT-HD if purchased separately from the Aurora 16. Plus it is factory installed and tested, ready to pop in the rack and go. Also if you purchase before October 31st you will receive analog I/O cables for free, a $320 value.
The Aurora 16 AD/DA converters provide world-class analog to digital and digital to analog conversion in a compact one-rack space format. With sample rates up to 192 kHz, Aurora offers wide, open, uncompressed and unequalized audio for studios, mastering facilities, remote recording, broadcast and production. Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock word clock offers extreme jitter reduction, providing clean digital audio signals for Aurora and other digital devices in the studio.
Lynx Aurora 16-HD Features :
- Includes a pre-installed LT-HD interface card for Pro Tools|HD
- Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- On-board 32 Channel Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock™ Sample Clock Technology
- Analog I/O db25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- Digital I/O db25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- RoHS compliant
- Available in 100V, 115V and 230V models
Lynx LT-HD Interface Card
Now, with the LT-HD in either the Aurora 16 or Aurora 8, connectivity with Digidesign ProTools|HD® is possible. Easily installed in Aurora’s LSlot bay, the LT-HD allows Aurora converters to be used in current ProTools|HD systems. Connected via standard Digilink cables to HD Core or Accel Core cards, ProTools recognizes the Aurora converter and controls all input and output functions, clocking, routing and other settings. One LT-HD equipped Aurora 16 can provide up to 32 channels of analog to digital and digital to analog conversion.
This is a truly plug and play system. LT-HD’s hardware and on-board software streamline installation and set-up, bringing Aurora audio quality and channel count to the ProTools system. LT-HD provides signal latency identical to that of the Digidesign 192 I/O™ for accurate delay compensation within ProTools - no manual delay adjustments are required.
The LT-HD contains one Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port. Aurora supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz. You do not lose half of your channels at higher sample rates and you do not need to purchase additional expensive modules for full channel counts. Pro Tools users can now benefit from Lynx’s exclusive SynchroLock™ word clock for very low jitter and low distortion of digital signals.
Lynx LT-HD Interface Card Features :
- One Primary and one Expansion DigiLink port
- Up to 32 channels of analog and digital I/O per HD Core or Accel Core card possible with one Aurora 16
- Supports full channel count at sample rates up to 192 kHz
- Offers audio signal latency identical to that of the Digidesign 192 I/O™ for accurate delay compensation within ProTools - no manual delay adjustments required
- Allows I/O functions for parameter control to be controlled and monitored within ProTools
- Interfaces with HD system using standard DigiLink cables
- Allows daisy-chaining of multiple Aurora converters and other DigiLink devices via Expansion port
- Lynx proprietary SynchroLock™ technology can be used to reduce jitter when Aurora is a clock slave or to provide stable, low jitter clock to downstream devices
- Easily installed into Aurora
- Aurora remote control via MIDI and IrDA
- RoHS compliant
- Designed and manufactured in the USA by Lynx Studio Technology, Inc