Lynx Aurora 16-VT I/O D/A and A/D Converter
16 Channel AD/DA Converter 24-Bit / 192 kHz with Variable Trim
Lynx Aurora 16-VT I/O D/A and A/D Converter is the Aurora 16 with variable trim which allows users to manually set the analog input and output levels within a range of +8.5 dBu to +24 dBu. 32 miniature trim pots are mounted on the primary circuit board to allow the adjustments.
16 Channels of Pristine Lynx Conversion - Plus Variable Trim!
Since 2005, Aurora has established its position as one of leading high end converters for recording studios around the world. Some studios who want the advantage of Aurora’s pristine audio quality and versatility, also require the ability to manually set analog levels for optimum performance.
The Aurora 16-VT provides simultaneous 16 channel analog I/O and 16 channel AES/EBU I/O, while preserving Aurora’s features and signature transparent sound.
The Lynx Aurora 16-VT "Variable Trim" features 192 kHz analog to digital and digital to analog conversion with front-panel control of all routing and sample rate options. This newest member of the Aurora family gains its name because it allows you to manually set the analog input and output levels within a range of +8.5dBu and +24dBU. The rear panel has Clock and MIDI I/O connectors and an LSlot bay, for the optional use of ADAT and other audio interfaces.
For excellent conversion quality, the Lynx Aurora Series is a popular choice by audio professionals worldwide.
Lynx Aurora 16-VT Features :
- Internal manual trim controls on all analog input and analog output channels
- Analog levels are continuously variable between +8 dBu and +24 dBu
- Simultaneous 16 Channel Analog I/O and 16 Channel AES/EBU I/O
- 24 Bit / 192 kHz Mastering Quality A/D and D/A Conversion
- 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O Supporting Single and Dual Wire Modes
- Analog I/O db25 connectors follow Tascam pinout protocol
- Digital I/O db25 connectors follow Yamaha pinout protocol
- Single Rack Space Configuration
- Extensive Remote Control Capability via Lynx AES16, IrDA and MIDI
- LSlot™ Expansion Slot for ADAT, ProTools|HD®, FireWire, MADI
- On-board Digital Mixer Provides Flexible I/O Routing
- Word clock I/O with Lynx SynchroLock™ Sample Clock Technology
16 channels of I/O with variable trim :
Aurora provides professional I/O interfaces for ease of installation in most studios and live sound applications. The Aurora 16-VT's analog I/O is electronically balanced and supports both +4dBU and -10dBV nominal levels. And, this latest version of the Aurora - the Aurora 16-VT - lets you manually set the analog input and output levels within a range of +8.5dBu to +24dBu, via 32 miniature trim pots , which are mounted on the primary circuit board. The Aurora 16-VT's AES digital I/O is transformer coupled and is capable of driving 500 feet of cable at 192kHz. Both dual and single-wire AES channel modes are supported.
Front-panel Controls :
The Aurora 16-VT's ergonomically designed front panel provides easy access to important controls and signal status. Unique to this product class, Aurora also offers extensive remote control capability. All front panel features as well as other low-level options can be controlled from the Lynx AES16 digital interface card on Windows and Macintosh platforms; a Pocket PC or laptop via infrared; MIDI; or an LSlot interface card. Multiple remote set-up configurations can be stored and recalled.
Onboard 32-channel Mixer :
The onboard 32-channel digital mixer provides extensive routing and mixing options. Acting as a powerful patch bay style digital router, Aurora 16-VT can easily route signals between analog and digital inputs on a channel-by-channel basis. Mixing capability on each output also provides flexible zero latency monitoring.
LSlot for Expansion :
The Aurora 16-VT's LSlot expansion port accepts cards that provide compatibility with current and emerging digital interface standards, including ADAT and others.
SynchroLock Jitter Reduction :
Lynx's proprietary SynchroLock jitter reduction technology, from the AES16, is also included. This Lynx-exclusive feature provides extreme jitter reduction of up to 3000:1, allowing Aurora to output an extremely clean clock output for driving the digital audio system.
DB25 Connectors :
All analog and digital connections use DB25 connectors with industry standard pin-outs which are compatible with off-the-shelf cables Lynx as well as from manufacturers such as ProCo, Hosa, and others.
Lynx Aurora 16-VT Specifications :
* AC Power: 115VAC, 70W
* Size 1.75"H x 19"W x 9"D
* Certifications: CE and FCC Class B EMI, CE product safety
* 16 inputs and 16 outputs
* Type: Electronically balanced or unbalanced
* Level: +4 dBu nominal/+20 dBu max. or -10 dBV nominal/+6 dBV max.
* Input impedance Balanced mode: 24 Ohms
* Unbalanced mode: 12 Ohms
* Output Impedance Balanced mode: 100 Ohms
* Unbalanced mode: 50 Ohms
* Output drive: 600 Ohm impedance, 0.2 æF capacitance
* A/D and D/A Type: 24-bit multilevel, delta-sigma
Analog In Performance:
* Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.1dB
* Dynamic range: 117dB, A-weighted
* Channel crosstalk: -120 dB maximum, 1kHz signal, -1 dBFS
* THD + N: -108dB (0.0004%) @ -1 DBFS, -104dB (0.0006%) @ -6 DBFS, 1kHz signal, 22 Hz - 22 kHz BW
Analog Out Performance:
* Frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz, +0/-0.1dB
* Dynamic range 117 dB, A-weighted
* Channel crosstalk -120 dB max., 1kHz signal, -1 dBFS
* THD + N: -107dB (0.00045%) @ -1 DBFS, -106dB (0.00050%) @ -6 DBFS, 1kHz signal, 22Hz - 22kHz BW
* Number/Type: 16 inputs and 16 outputs, 24-bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
* Channels: 16 in/out in single-wire mode, 8 in/out in dual-wire mode
* Sample rates: all standard rates and variable rates up to 192kHz in both single-wire and dual-wire modes
Onboard digital mixer (via AES16):
* Type: Hardware-based, low latency
* Routing: Ability to route any input to any or multiple
* Mixing: Up to four input or playback signals mixed to any output, 40-bit precision
* Status" Peak levels to -114dB on all inputs and outputs
* Digital I/O Ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors
* Port A: channels 1-8 I/O
* Port B: channels 9-16 I/O (Aurora 16 only)
* Yamaha pinout standard
* Analog I/O Ports: 25-pin female D-sub connectors.
* Analog In 1-8
* Analog In 9-16
* Analog Out 1-8
* Analog Out 9-16
* Tascam pinout standard
* External Clock: 75-Ohm BNC word clock input and output
* MIDI: One input and one output, standard opto-isolated, 5-pin female DIN connectors
Remote Control Options:
* Function: Controls all I/O, levels, monitoring, routing, and setting recall
* Method: AES16—with PC or Macintosh
* IrDA—For compatible pocket PCs and laptops
* MIDI—Selected MIDI devices
LSlot Expansion Port:
* Compatibility: supports Lynx LSlot expansion cards
* Channels: Up to 16 input and 16 output simultaneously at up to 192kHz sample rate