16 Channel AES/EBU PCI Audio Interface with 24-Bit/192kHz support, with Sample Rate Conversion and Jitter Attenuation - PCI
The Lynx AES16-SRC AES/EBU Audio Interface adds sample rate conversion to this complete 16 channel AES/EBU interface on a single PCI card. It supports up to 16 channels of I/O at sample rates up to 192 kHz and operates as a digital router and patchbay. Up to four AES16’s can be installed in a single computer.
The Lynx Studio Technology AES16-SRC multi-channel interface is the ideal way to integrate digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, and hard disk recorders with computer-based workstations. Using exclusive SynchroLock technology, jitter is eliminated for the purest conversions possible, and the AES16 supports sample-rates up to 192kHz.
Large, on-board buffers ensure glitch-free recording and playback, aided by an extremely efficient zero-wait state DMA engine. These features provide tolerance to system latencies and significantly reduce load on the host CPU.
The AES16-SRC is a great multi-channel centerpiece of a digital studio.
Lynx AES16-SRC Features :
- Sixteen-channel AES/EBU Digital I/O
- 192 kHz / 24-bit Single-wire and Dual-wire Modes
- SynchroLock™ Jitter Attenuation
- 8 channels of sample rate conversion
- Word Clock and Multi-card Synchronization
- Powerful Mixing and Routing Engine (Click here to see the details of the software mixer)
- Low-latency Drivers for Windows and Macintosh
- Cabling for Direct Digital Interface to Yamaha, Apogee, Mackie, and other Equipment.
- Digital I/O 24-bit AES/EBU format Non-audio support for Dolby Digital® with Dolby Digital Recorder and Version 1 Driver 16 I/O in single-wire mode; 8 I/O in dual-wire mode Transformer-coupled XLR connections (AES16-XLR; AES16-SRC) Optional eight channels of sample rate conversion (AES16-SRC only)
- Expansion LStream port provides 16 channels of ADAT I/O
- Sync I/O Clock source: digital inputs, internal and external clocks Word Clock and multi-card synchronization
- Features Zero Latency 32-channel / 32-bit digital mixer with 16 sub outputs Multiple dither algorithms per channel Extremely low-jitter, tunable sample clock with SynchroLock™Zero-wait state, 16-channel, scatter-gather DMA engine
- Drivers Windows 2000/XP: MME, ASIO 2.0, WDM, DirectSound, Direct Kernel Streaming and GSIF Macintosh OSX: CoreAudio
Integrates digital consoles, multi-channel A/D and D/A converters, and hard disk recorders with computer-based workstations.
The Lynx AES16-SRC offers excellent AES/EBU channel capacity and routing flexibility in a single PCI card. The AES16-SRC also gives you 8 channels of onboard sample rate conversion. With support for up to 16 channels of input and output at sample rates up to 192kHz, the Lynx AES16 turns your computer into a powerful digital router or patchbay with extensive flexibility and minimal cabling. Most importantly, the AES16-SRC supports the emerging single-wire 192kHz standard and is compatible with existing dual-wire AES/EBU devices. Install up to 4 Lynx AES16-SRC cards in a single computer.
Lynx includes 2 CBL-AES1604 cables with the AES16-SRC. The 6' cables feature 110-Ohm shielded twisted cabling. Each has 26-pin, high-density male D-sub to 4 female XLR (AES inputs), 4 male XLR's (AES outputs), and 2 female BNC's (word clock I/O).
SynchroLock™ Offering a solution for jitter problems in AES signals, the AES16 incorporates a new Lynx technology called SynchroLock™ that provides extreme jitter tolerance at all inputs. By coupling statistical analysis with low-noise clock generation techniques, SynchroLock is able to extract a very clean clock from AES signals affected by long cable lengths and other noise sources. The clock output of SynchroLock can also be used as a very accurate word clock source for other studio devices.
Extremely Low Latencies:
Glitch-free recording and playback is assured due to the AES16’s large on-board buffers and extremely efficient zero-wait state DMA engine. These features provide tolerance to system latencies and significantly reduce load on the host CPU. Data transfer hardware and software are highly optimized to provide extremely low latencies for ASIO and other real-time applications.
The AES16 includes an LStream expansion port for increasing its I/O capabilities. Connecting a Lynx LS-ADAT adds multi-channel ADAT lightpipe I/O and supports format conversion between AES/EBU and ADAT.
Sample Rate Conversion:
The AES16-SRC model offers eight channels of mastering quality sample rate conversion to accommodate studios running multiple samples rates or signals not locked to ”house sync”.
On-Board Digital Mixer:
The on-board digital mixer offers flexible patch-bay style routing and digital mixing. Zero Latency 32-channel / 32-bit digital mixer with 16 sub outputs. Multiple dither algorithms per channel
Lynx AES16-SRC PCI Card Specifications:
* PCI Bus: Version 2.2 compliant
* Data Transfers: Up to 132 MBps using custom 16-channel zero-wait state, scatter-gather DMA engine Bus mastering supported
* Size: 5.0"H X 7.4"W X 0.75"D (half-size PCI card)
* Number/Type: 8 stereo inputs and 8 stereo outputs, 24-bit AES/EBU format, transformer coupled
* Channels: 16 in/out in single-wire mode
* Sample rates: All standard rates and variable rates up to 192kHz in both single-wire and dual-wire modes
* Sample Rate conversion: 8 channels available with support for conversion ratios up to 8:1. Dynamic range: 142dB, Multiple-input SRC phase matching
* Core: FPGA-based core contains custom PCI interface, data routing and formatting, device control, digital mixing, clock routing and control, and a DMA engine; 256KB of onboard RAM for data buffering; support for field upgrades of firmware
* Audio devices: Card is visible to host applications as 8 record devices and 8 play devices (Each device has two channels and can be used independently for multi-client functionality)
* Sources: Digital inputs 1-4, external word clock (with XLR cables only) on BNC, internal word clock on header, onboard low-jitter crystal oscillator
* SynchroLock: Multi-stage, VCXO-based clock generation system with high jitter attenuation (Wide mode tracks off-frequency clocks, narrow mode generates ultra-low jitter output for standard frequencies)
Onboard digital mixer:
* Type: hardware-based, low latency
* Routing: Ability to route any input to any or multiple outputs
* Mixing: up to four input or playback signals mixed to any output, 40-bit precision
* Status: peak levels to -114dB on all inputs and outputs
LStream expansion ports:
* Compatibility: Supports Lynx LStream expansion cards including the LS-ADAT 16-channel ADAT I/O card
* Type: High-speed serial, up to 16 channels @ 24-bits on 14-pin internal connector
* I/O ports: Two bracket-mounted 26-pin high-density female D-sub connectors (Can be configured to support eight channel or four channel AES connections)
* External clock: 75-Ohm BNC word clock input and output provided on XLR cable set
* Internal clock: Two 75-ohm board-mounted 2-pin headers for word clock input and output
* Windows Drivers: for Windows 2000 / XP platforms: MME, ASIO 2.0, WDM, DirectSound, Direct Kernel Streaming, and GSIF
* Macintosh Drivers: CoreAudio for OSX
* Mixer Application: multi-window GUI provides complete control of digital mixer and all hardware settings