Large-diaphragm Vacuum Tube Cardioid Condenser Mic for Vocals and Instruments
The MA-200 is the culmination of Royer's 20-plus years of custom microphone design. The large-diaphragm MA-200 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments without the shrillness and high-frequency grunge so often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing Jensen audio transformers, hand-selected 3-micron gold-sputtered capsules, and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, Royer designed the MA-200 with an eye on premium performance.
The MA-200 is a large diaphragm, vacuum tube condenser microphone with a fixed cardioid pattern. Born to a lineage of fine microphone designs by David Royer, the MA-200 gives warm, full-bodied reproductions of vocals and instruments, with none of the shrillness and high frequency distortion artifacts that are often encountered with modern condenser microphones.
Utilizing hand-selected 3-micron capsules, high-quality Jensen audio transformers and military-grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes, the MA-200 performs at a level reminiscent of some of the best loved classic condenser microphones.
The MA-200 power supply can be set for 115V and 230V, 50 or 60 Hz, through an internal switch (100V is also available). Each MA-200 microphone, power supply and cable set is burned in for 24 hours, carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case-within-a-case.
Mojave Audio MA-200 Features :
- Full, warm reproduction for vocals, piano, acoustic instruments, drum overheads, orchestra, and spot miking
- Frequency response 30Hz to 18kHz, ±2.5dB
- Hand-selected 3-micron gold sputtered capsule
- Jensen audio transformers
- Military grade JAN 5840 vacuum tubes
- Ultra clean signal path
- Internal switchable power supply voltage
- Carry case, power supply, shock mount, and cables included
Recommended Applications :
- Acoustic Instruments
- Drum Overheads, Drum Rooms
- Orchestral Recording
- Choral Recording
Mojave Audio MA-200 Specifications :
- TRANSDUCER TYPE : Externally excited capacitor type
- DIAPHRAGM : 1-inch diameter, gold sputtered
- DIAPHRAGM THICKNESS : 3-microns
- POLAR RESPONSE : Cardioid
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE : 30 Hz-18 kHz, ±3dB
- SENSITIVITY : -37dB re 1V/pa
- MAXIMUM SPL : 120dB
- DISTORTION : head amp only, <1% @117dB SPL, <3% @ 125dB SPL
- SELF NOISE : 14db nominal, not to exceed 16db (A Weighted)
- IMPEDANCE : 200 ohms, balanced using an output transformer
- VACUUM TUBE : 5840 pentode tube wired for triode operation
- POWER REQUIREMENTS : 100-120VAC; 220-240VAC, 50 or 60 Hz. Power consumption approx. 10 watts.
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT:
- Microphone: 7 5/8 X 2 / 1 lb
- Carrying case with microphone, power supply, shock mount and cables. Weight 13 lbs