The TLM 193 is a large diaphragm, double membrane cardioid condenser microphone designed for critical recording, broadcast and live sound applications. The capsule of the TLM 193 is the same legendary large diaphragm capsule used in the U 89i/TLM 170 family. This unit is mated to the proven FET 100 circuitry of the KM 100 series.
Neumann TLM 193 Features :
* Large Diaphragm Cardioid Microphone
* Pressure-gradient Transducer
* Transformerless circuitry
* Extremely low noise: 10 dB (A)
* Includes swivel mount
* The "plug and play" Microphone for professional studios, musicians and homerecording applications
* High-quality professional equipment for mid-size budgets
* A "universal" cardioid mic
* Ideal for close miking of instruments with high sound pressure levels
* Announcer's mic for broadcasting/dubbing
* Home recording and project studios
* Vocalist recording
* Spot mic for wind instruments, strings, percussion or guitar amps
Offering state-of-the-art specifications and performance in a value-conscious package, the TLM 193 is without peer: Ultra-low self noise (10dB-A), high sound-pressure capability (140dB before overload), dynamic range (130dB), wide frequency response (20Hz - 20kHz) and the quality, durability, longevity, and glorious sound which has earned Neumann its reputation.
The TLM 193 is the perfect microphone for both budget-conscious project studios and larger facilities who want Neumann performance without paying for the additional features of our flagship models. It excels at many applications including overhead and close-miking drums, capturing the nuances of acoustic performances, and recording critical vocals in the Neumann tradition.
The TLM 193 package includes the microphone, a swivel-mount stand adapter, and a foam-lined wooden jeweler's case.