Neve 8804 Fader Pack
Fader/Mute Pack for the Neve 8816 Summing Mixer with Recall
Got Faders? The 8804 Faders take over the level control duties of the 8816, and free its rotary pots to act as a single aux send. Direct outputs from 16 channels are also available from the 1604, so you can record stem mixes or patch individual instruments out for further processing. The Recall software works equally well for the 1604.
One commonly asked question has been "Can I add faders to the Neve 8816, which is the world's premiere Summing Mixer?" The answer is "yes". Here is the Neve 8804.
The 8804 not only adds fader control over audio levels to the 8816 but also adds additional functionality. Each of the 8816's sixteen input channels has a Direct Output from the 8804. These can be set to pre or post fader and can be used to feed FX units, make separate recordings of individual elements of a mix or for multitrack recording. The 8816 channel level pot is no longer required for level setting and becomes a dedicated auxiliary send. This is incredibly useful if the producer wishes to use an outboard reverb unit to add an extra touch of class to their mix.
Neve 8804 Fader/Mute Pack Features :
* 16 faders + LEFT and RIGHT main mix faders (note: the 8816 has only 1 stereo main mix level control without faders)
* Balanced direct output on all 16 channels with Pre / post fader selection
* USB for recall
* USB for CUT/SOLO link between 8816 and 8804 (CUT/SOLO switches on 8816 and 8804 are synchronized both ways)
* Future HUI for Pro Tools (we will keep you informed of progress on this)
* When 8804 is fitted, you can use the level control potentiometers as an auxiliary control.
* 8804 chassis 19'' rackable or can be laid on a table using intergrated feet
As part of the 88 range of outboard equipment the 8804 is equipped with recall. A USB port connects the unit to either Mac or PC and a utility programme stores and recalls settings. This is an essential tool for creative flexibility, analogue outboard can be used alongside workstations and their settings recalled whenever required.
Neve 8804 Fader/Mute Pack Specifications :
* Channel 1 to 16: -∞ to +15 dB
* Mix Left and Right: -∞ to 0 dB
* +/- 0.2 dB: 10Hz to 20 kHz
* +/- 0.5 dB: 10Hz to 40 kHz
* Measurement Window: 10 Hz to 80 kHz
* Fader at 0 dB: distortion < 0.005% (20Hz to 20kHz)
* Measurement Window: 10 Hz to 22 kHz
* Fader at 0 dB: noise < 90dB (20Hz to 20kHz)
Dimensions (W x H x D):
* 48.2cm (19 inch) x 17.6cm (3U) x 3.2cm (when flat mounted)
* Weight: 2.1kg (5 lbs.)