RAD Core 101
Central Monitoring Station
The Newest Product in the Rhoades Audio lineup, the Core 101 brings large-format console sound and functionality to your DAW based recording and mixing setup with this central monitoring station. Complete with all of the routing, monitoring and metering features you need to tackle the most demanding of recording, over-dub, or mix sessions, it’s housed in a desktop friendly sleek wood box complete with meter bridge and front leather bolster.
The Core 101 is designed to fill a major gap in the project studio/home recording setup. The lack of a central command center that routs multiple stereo audio sources (DAW output, CD-Player, MP3 player, etc.), controls multiple pairs of studio monitors, and even provides headphones and talkback capabilities for vocalists and musicians. There are many rack mounted and Swiss-Army box monitoring products on the market but these lack the tactile control surfaces and creature comforts needed to really enhance as well as streamline the recording and mix process.
Similar to a large format-recording console center section, the functionality of the Core 101 is based around 3 separate audio paths. The Mix, Control Room, and Studio signal paths. Each one accepts Stereo audio Inputs and provides various controls and routing capabilities.
The Mix signal path features:
- +4 dBu Balanced Stereo Input.
- Fully Balanced Insert points.
- SSL style 2-Buss compressor.
- 100mm Master Fader.
- Balanced Recording Outputs.
This is the perfect complement to any DAW based mixing setup, especially those that already use an external summing box or outboard processing equipment on their mix bus. It allows you to take your Stereo mix and run it to your favorite Stereo EQ through the Inserts, sweeten your mix with genuine SSL style Buss Compression, perform manual fade-ins and fade-outs on the Master Fader, and then output your mix directly to your favorite DAW (or Analog Tape Machine!) to print your final mix.
The Control Room path features:
- 3 selectable sources to monitor from (the Mix signal path, External 1, External 2).
- External 1 features switchable +4 dBu balanced or -10dBv inputs.
- External 2 features switchable +4 dBu balanced or 1/8” stereo inputs.
- Mute and Dim functions with adjustable dim level.
- Two sets of balanced line-level speaker outputs with controls (Main and Mini).
- LED peak and analog VU metering.
The Studio path features:
-2 selectable sources to monitor from (Mix and External 1).
- Balanced Line-level studio speaker outputs with control.
- 2 Stereo headphone amplifiers with ¼” outputs.
- A fully functional talkback system with built-in talkback mic, dim function, and level control.
*All inputs and outputs are via 3 rear-panel 25-pin D-subs.
*25-pin D-subs adhere to TASCAM wiring standard (Pin out can be found in the Users Manual).
*All Cabling is sold separately, but custom-wiring harnesses can be ordered to suit your needs.
*The included external Power Supply is wired for US 120V operation (Buyer MUST specify for 230V operation)