RME HDSPe AES
24 Bit / 192 kHz, PCI Express Card, 32 Channel AES/EBU
The HDSPe AES is a short-length PCI Express card with AES/EBU interfaces. It provides eight AES inputs (16 channels) and eight AES outputs (16 channels) at 192 kHz sample rate. The card is also equipped with two MIDI I/O ports, word clock I/O, and can be used with the optional TCO module for synchronization to LTC and video.
The HDSPe AES is RMEs reaction to requests from audio professionals for an AES-based solution with the typical RME features and quality. This audio card is a perfect all-in-one solution for professional users in the fields of broadcast, TV, theater, stage/PA - and in any professional studio.
The card's mainboard contains word clock I/O and a 25-pin D-sub connector, providing four AES inputs and four AES outputs via standard digital breakout cable (Tascam pinout). The sensitive word clock input operates on Single, Double and Quad Speed signals automatically. The expansion board adds audio channels 9-16 and a connector for a MIDI breakout Cable with two MIDI I/Os (four 5-pin DIN connectors). It does not require a PCIe slot.The card is not based on a PCI to PCI Express bridge, which would simply add PCIe to existing PCI technology. It is a newly developed genuine PCI Express solution, which consequently takes full advantage of the new format, achieving significant performance gains in multitrack audio and lowest latency.
A PCI Version (HDSP AES-32) is available.Connectivity
Differences to HDSP AES-32
- PCI Express interface
- 16 input channels / 16 output channels
- 8 x AES/EBU I/O
- 2 x MIDI I/O
- Word Clock I/O
- optional: HDSP TCO
- optional: BOB-32
The AES' remarkable features include:
- PCI Express interface
- even lower latencies
The Time Code Option can be used with the HDSPe AES to sync to LTC and video. Thanks to SteadyClock(TM), the TCO not only extracts absolute positions from LTC, but also a very clean low-jitter word clock from LTC and video.The card's most important settings are stored on the card itself. Rather than operating in a default mode from the moment the computer is switched on until the driver is loaded, the card will immediately activate the last used sampling rate, master/slave configuration and AES format, thus eliminating any startup noise or problems in the clock network, both at system start and reboot.An optional 19" breakout box is also available. Its innovative design features XLR I/Os that can be accessed from the front or rear in a rack, according to the user's choice. BOB-32 provides D-sub connectors with Tascam and Yamaha pinout, therefore can be used with other devices as digital rack breakout box as well.
- Support for 192 kHz at full channel count
- Native support for Double and Quad Wire transfer
- Direct conversion between these formats
- SteadyClock for highest jitter suppression and clock regeneration
- Intuitive and clearly laid-out user interface
- TotalMix: 512 channel mixer with 42 bit internal resolution
- 48 level meter Peak/RMS, hardware-computed
- The DSP-based TotalMix mixer enables the AES to route and mix all 16 inputs and 16 playback channels to all 16 physical outputs freely, offering extraordinary monitoring capabilities. Up to 8 fully independent stereo submixes can be created. Routings can be copied and pasted, faders ganged and grouped, which, along with the amazing matrix window, turns the AES into a powerful and easy-to-use redistributor, patchbay, router, converter, and splitter. The hardware-based mixer is fully MIDI-controllable. Furthermore, the DSP hardware calculates RMS and peak level meters for all 48 audio channels, with no measurable CPU load.
The PCI Express interface of the HDSPe system is based on the PCI Express Base Specification v 1.1. It represents a 1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint Device and supports 2.5 Gbps line speed. Thanks to the packet-based full duplex communication, the card provides a transfer rate of up to 500 MB/s - 250 MB/s in every direction.SettingsJust click on the hammer symbol in the systray of the taskbar and the settings dialog of the HDSPe AES comes up. The clear structured, easy to understand window plus the unique informative status windows for input signal, clock mode and sample rate make your work with Hammerfall DSP to a real pleasure.When working with several digital sources it is not only necessary to know if these are properly locked, but also if they are totally synchronized. RMEs exclusive SyncCheck ® checks all input signals and displays their actual state, and thanks to our new Intelligent Clock Control (ICC) concept you have all clocks and states under control - with ease.SteadyClock(TM), RME's unique sync and clock technology allows the HDSPe AES to control the sample rate freely on its own. The Settings dialog includes a direct choice of the video and audio world's most often used sample rates. Additionally, two faders can be used to set the sample rate freely and in real-time, within the range of +/- 4% and +/- 0.4%.Up to 3 cards of the HDSPe series can be used simultaneously, in any possible combination.
- DIGICheck for Windows: Spectral Analyser, professional level meter for 2, 8, or 16 channels, Vector Audio Scope, various other audio analysis tools.
- Drivers: Windows 2000/XP/Vista/64 (full ASIO multi-client operation of WDM, GSIF 2.0 and ASIO 2.0), Mac OS X Intel (Core Audio and Core MIDI).
- Thanks to RME's flash update technology, future firmware improvements, adjustments, and bugfixes can be installed easily at any time.
1-Lane PCI Express Endpoint device (no PCI Express to PCI Bridge), revision 220.127.116.11 Gbps line speed
Packet-based full-duplex communication (up to 500 MB/s transfer rate)All settings: changeable in real-time
Automatic and intelligent master/slave clock controlEnhanced Zero Latency Monitoring for latency-free submixes and perfect ASIO Direct MonitoringSync sources: 8 x AES, word clock, internalVaripitch: by input signal or word clockSample rates: 32 kHz up to 192 kHz, variable (Sync/word clock)
Sample rate range: AES: 28 kHz - 204 kHz, word clock: 28 kHz - 204 kHzJitter: < 1 ns, internal and all inputsJitter sensitivity: PLL operates even at 100 ns Jitter without problemsComes with DIGICheck: the ultimate measurement, analysis and test tool
Input 8 x AES, 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)
Output 8 x AES, 2 x MIDI, word clock (BNC)Input word clock: BNC, Signal Adaptation Circuit (functional from 1.2 Vpp input signal), termination via jumperOutput word clock: BNC, low-impedance driver stage, 4 Vpp into 75 Ohms, short-circuit-proofMIDI input and output: via four 5-pin DIN jacks