Large-diaphragm Broadcast Condenser Mic with On-Air Indicator, and Cardioid Polar Pattern
RØDE delivers again with an industry standard-setting broadcast mic - Designed specifically for the Broadcast Professional when studio sound quality is required for on air applications!
Like its name suggests, this RODE microphone was specifically designed for 'ON-AIR' applications where wide frequency response and low distortion are demanded.
Winner of the Radio World/US National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) 'What's Cool' award in 1998, the Broadcaster has become an industry standard when studio sound quality is required for on air applications.
Utilizing an Australian designed and manufactured RØDE 1" externally biased condenser transducers, the Broadcaster features a switch-able high pass filter to remove low frequency rumble.
A unique 'ON-AIR' LED indicator can be switched on or off by shorting contacts on the 5 pin audio connector. This feature allows console operators to warn the 'Talent' that the mic is live.
RØDE Broadcaster Features :
- True Large Diaphragm Condenser Capsule.
- HF2 1" capsule with gold plated diaphragm
- On-Air Indicator LED.
- Ultra Low Noise.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern with high 180 rejection.
- Voice Tailored Low Cut Filter.
- Internal Pop Filter.
- Internally Shock-Mounted Capsule.
- Rugged Stainless Steel Body.
RØDE Broadcaster Specifications :
- Power requirements : P48 (48V), P24 (24V) phantom supply
- Acoustic Principle : Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern : Cardioid - end address
- Frequency range : 20 Hz-20 kHz
- Output impedance : 40 ohms
- Signal noise ratio : 80 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise : 14 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 128dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Maximum output voltage : +2dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity : -34 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (20 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Dimensions : 167mmH x 50mmW x 50mmD
- Weight : 577gm