Compact 1/2 inch Small-diaphragm Condenser Mic with Detachable Capsule for Close-miking Instruments
The new Rode NT6 is a small-diaphragm condenser microphone that is well suited for difficult mounting applications or discreet placement - any situation where a small unobtrusive but powerful microphone system is required.
The compact capsule of the NT6 is connected to the main part of the mic by a 3-meter Kevlar-reinforced cable. The mic has a fixed cardioid pattern, a frequency range of 40Hz-20kHz and a maximum SPL figure of 135dB, and runs on standard 48-volt phantom power.
A Killer Compact Condenser Mic!
The RØDE NT6 is specifically designed for difficult mounting applications. Although clearly relevant to instrument miking, the new NT6 is extremely well suited to any situation where a small 'unobtrusive' but powerful microphone system is required.
The 1/2" (externally biased) gold sputtered capsule is designed to attach to a custom made, multi-position swivel mount allowing it to be independently positioned with ease. The capsule is connected to the remote pre-amplifier (body) by a custom 3m Kevlar® fibre reinforced cable.
The surface-mount pre-amplifier circuit also incorporates a two position variable pad: 0 dB an -10 dB attenuation, and a 2-position variable high-pass filter that enables you to step from a flat response to 80Hz high pass filter; both conveniently located away from the capsule, providing additional control without the need to move the capsule once in position.
RØDE NT6 Features :
- Externally biased condenser
- Gold sputtered 1/2" capsule
- Two position PAD - 0dB and -10dB
- Two position High-Pass Filter - flat and 80Hz
- Convenient two-axis swivel mount and 3m KevlarÅ0Ö3 fibre reinforced cable included
- Heavy-duty satin-nickel plated body
- Surface mount circuitry
- Low noise and full frequency response
- Wide dynamic range
- Full frequency response
- Supplied complete with 2-axis swivel mount, M5 clip, WS5 (black) wind shield and soft pouch
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Full 2-year guarantee
RØDE NT6 Specifications :
- Power requirements : P48 (48V), P24 (24V) phantom supply
- Acoustic Principle : Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern : Cardioid
- Frequency range : 40Hz-20kHz, selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
- Output impedance : 200 ohms
- Signal noise ratio : 75 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise : 19 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 135dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load) (145dB with maximum PAD)
- Maximum output voltage : +6dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity : -37 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Dimensions : 188.4mmH x 64mmW x 20mmD
- Weight : 600gm