Multi Pattern 1" Large-diaphragm Condenser Microphone with 3 Polar Pickup Patterns, High-pass Filter and Pad.
The RØDE NT2-A is a versatile high-quality FET transformer-less condenser microphone that is a radically re-designed version of the original NT2!
The NT2-A carries on the tradition forged by the now legendary RØDE NT2. A professional large capsule (1") studio microphone incorporating three-position pick-up patterns, PAD and high pass filter switches conveniently located on the mic body.
At the heart of the NT2-A is the Australian designed and manufactured HF1 dual diaphragm capsule. The frequency and transient response of this transducer has been voiced to complement today's modern recording techniques, and yet still evoke the silky smooth character of the legendary microphones of the 50's and 60's. These features provide the flexibility and superlative audio characteristics that make the NT2-A one of the most versatile condenser mics available.
The NT2-A's variable controls allow switching between Omni, Figure 8, and Cardioid polar patterns. The three-position High-pass Filter provides a flat response or an 80Hz and 40Hz high pass filter to be selected. Finally the microphone's Pad can be switched between 0 dB, -5 dB and -10 dB.
Includes a soft pouch and clip.
RØDE NT2-A Features :
* Large 1" (25mm) HF1 - edge terminated, gold sputtered, dual 5 um diaphragm capsule.
* On body control of polar pattern, HPF and PAD
* Three position variable polar pattern - Omni, Cardioid or Figure 8
* Three position variable High-Pass Filter - Flat, 40Hz or 80Hz
* Three position PAD - 0dB, -5dB or -10dB
* Ultra low noise, transformerless surface mount cicuitry
* Wide dynamic range
* Internal capsule shock mounting
* High strength heat-treated steel mesh head.
* Durable satin nickel finish.
* Internal capsule shock mounting.
* Designed and manufactured in Sydney, Australia.
RØDE NT2-A Specifications :
* Power requirements : P48 (48V) phantom supply
* Acoustic Principle : Pressure, Pressure gradient
* Directional Pattern : Three position variable - Omni, Cardioid or Figure 8
* Frequency range : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
* Output impedance : 200 ohms
* Signal noise ratio : 87 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
* Equivalent noise : 7 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
* Maximum SPL : 147dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load) (157dB with PAD at maximum)
* Maximum output voltage : +16dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
* Sensitivity : -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
* Dimensions : 209mmH x 55mmW x 55mmD
* Weight : 860gm