Large-diaphragm Dual Capsule Studio Condenser Microphone w/ Seamlessly Variable Polar Pattern.
The world's first large diaphragm condenser studio microphone with
seamlessly variable Polar Patterns, Filter and Pad located conveniently
on the microphone body.
The NT2000's state of the art surface-mount electronics combined with the Australian designed and manufactured HF1 Capsule, provide extremely low self-noise (7 dBA) and a maximum SPL of 147 dB (157 dB with pad fully engaged) ensuring exceptional results and the ultimate in recording creativity.
The heart of the NT2000 is Rode's Australian designed and manufactured
TYPE HF1 dual diaphragm capsule. The frequency and transient response
of this new transducer has been voiced to complement today's modern
recording techniques, and yet still evoke the silky smooth character of
the legendary mics of the 50s and 60s.
Transparent Electronics :
A superb trandsducer must be complimented by the best electronics. To
ensure transparency and the highest fidelity, Rode's engineers set
about designing a circuit that coupled the HF1 capsule in such a way to
add nothing. Or, to pass the output of the capsule without coloration
Totally Variable Controls for a Totally Variable World!
The NT2000 is the first superlative class 48 V FET microphone to have a
totally variable polar pattern, totally variable pad and totally
variable filter - all incorporated within the body of the microphone!
This means that the NT2000 just might be the only microphone you need
for a while. Its crystal clear response coupled with the control you
need to get the most out of it for any type recording makes the NT2000
RØDE NT2000 Features :
- Large 1" (25mm) HF1 gold sputtered capsule
- Continuously variable polar pattern, from Omni to Cardioid to Figure 8 controlled on the mic
- Continuously variable PAD and High-Pass Filter
- Ultra low noise, transformerless surface mount circuitry
- Wide dynamic range - 136 dB
- High strength welded and heat treated steel mesh head
- Internal capsule shock mounting
- Shockmount and Molded Case Included
RØDE NT2000 Specifications :
- Power Requirements : P48 (48V) phantom supply
- Acoustic Principle : Pressure, Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern : Continuously variable multi pattern - Omni, through Cardioid to Figure 8
- Frequency range : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output impedance : 200 ohms
- Signal noise ratio : >87 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise : 7 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 147dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Maximum output voltage : +15dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity : -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (16 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Dimensions : 208mmH x 55mmW x 55mmD
- Weight : 831gm