Factory Matched Pair Compact Premium Instrument Recording Microphones, in Nickel Finish
Premium 1/2'' Diaphragm Cardioid Condenser Microphones - Factory Matched!
The RODE NT5 matched pairs are a masterpiece of small-diaphragm cardioid-condenser microphone design.
NT5 matched pairs come supplied in a custom carry case with windshields and mounts.
The RØDE NT5 is the perfect small-diaphragm condenser microphone for
recording acoustic instruments, drum overheads, cymbals, live
performances and other sound sources which benefit from stereo miking.
This compact externally polarized mic employs a
.5” capsule, an active J-FET impedance converter with bipolar output buffer, and top-quality components throughout, and is simply
awesome in stereo X/Y mic setups.
Finished in durable satin nickel finish, NT5 matched pairs come supplied in a custom carry case with windshields and mounts.
RØDE NT5-MP Features :
- Supplied as a MATCHED PAIR in a Custom Carry Case
- True condenser transducer
- Gold sputtered 1/2" Capsules
- Heavy duty satin-nickel-plated body
- Low Noise
- Full Frequency Response
- Custom WS5 Wind Shield
- Custom RM5 Stand Mount
- Surface-mount transformerless circuitry
- Custom Carry Case
- WS5 Wind Shield x 2
- RM5 Stand Mount x 2 plus 3/8" - 5/8" Thread Adapter
As sonically pleasing as their NT4 cousin, the NT5 matched pair uses the same cardioid pattern condenser as the NT4, but without the dual head design. The NT5 are excellent mics for recording practically any instrument - guitar, flute, violin, saxophone, drums, etc. The NT5s have become a staple of many project and pro studios for overhead drum miking.
Rode has built their reputation on cost-effective, but great sounding mics, and the NT5 is no exception.
RØDE NT5-MP Specifications :
- Power Requirements: P48 (48V), P24 (24V) phantom supply
- Acoustic Principle : Pressure gradient
- Directional Pattern : Cardioid
- Frequency range : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output impedance : 100 ohms
- Signal noise ratio : 78 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Equivalent noise : <16 dB SPL (A - weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum SPL : 143dB SPL (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Maximum output voltage : +13.9dBu (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1K ohm load)
- Sensitivity : -38 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (12 mV @ 94 dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1kHz
- Weight : 101gm