Directional Shotgun Condenser Microphone with SuperCardioid Polar Pattern
The RODE NTG-2 is an extremely lightweight condenser shotgun mic, making it ideal for mounting directly to video cameras or on boom poles.
Includes RM5 stand mount, camera mountable shock mount, ZP2 zip pouch, and 3/8-5/8 inch thread adaptor.
The new RODE NTG-2 is a lightweight condenser shotgun microphone,
designed for professional applications within the film, video,
television and production industries.
The NTG-2 provides a balanced low impedance output stage and operates either from an internal 1.5 V battery (AA) or 48 V to the P48 standard. A wide bandwidth and controlled polar response coupled with low noise SMT electronics, makes the NTG-2 the perfect choice for film, video engineering and voice-over work.
The NTG-2 is extremely lightweight making it ideal for mounting directly to video cameras or on boom poles.
RØDE NTG-2 Features :
- Broadcast sound quality
- Super-Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Condenser transducer
- Low noise circuitry
- Low handling noise
- Battery Or Phantom Powered - P48 phantom power or 1.5V AA battery
- Two step High-Pass Filter - Flat or 80Hz
- Rugged metal construction
- Lightweight Durable Construction - 161g (5.17 oz)
RØDE NTG-2 Specifications :
- Power requirements : 48 V Phantom Power or 1.5V AA battery
- Acoustic Principle: Line gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 20 Hz ~ 20 kHz, selectable HPF @ 80 Hz/12 dB/octave
- Output Impedance: 250 ohms (phatom), 350 ohms (battery)
- Sensitivity: -36 dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15 mV @ 94dB SPL) +/- 2 dB @ 1 kHz
- Equivalent Noise: 18 dB SPL (A-weighted per IEC651)
- Maximum Output Voltage: -15.4 dBu (@ 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1k ohm load)
- Maximum SPL: 118.2 dB (@ 1 kHz, 1% THD into 1k ohm load)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 76 dB SPL(A-weighted per IEC651)
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 278 x 22 x 22 mm
- Weight: 161 grams