Camera Mounted Directional Condenser Shotgun Microphone with Integrated Shockmount
The RODE VideoMic is a professional grade shotgun microphone with an all-in-one shock mount/mic design - offering a unique solution for intermediate and advanced shooters looking to add more audio control and power over their existing on-camera mic.
Includes a 3.5mm stereo jack, suspension shock mount, adjustable shoe adaptor and WSVM wind shield.
The RODE VideoMic is a professional grade shotgun microphone. Based on the latest 'Film industry' technology, the VideoMic is designed specifically for use with high quality Digital Video Cameras.
The microphone exhibits low noise and an unusually wide bandwidth for its size. It is ultra lightweight, yet rugged due to it's ABS construction. The VideoMic is powered by a standard 9V battery and offers a Low Battery LED status indicator and a switchable high pass filter to reduce unwanted low frequency rumble.
The VideoMic attaches to any Camcorder that has the standard camera-shoe fitting and utilizes a stereo mini jack for audio output.
RODE VideoMic Features :
- Super Cardioid polar pattern
- Frequency Range of 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Selectable High Pass Filter @ 80Hz/12dB octave
- Maximum SPL: 134dB
- Studio recording quality
- Condenser microphone
- 9V battery powered
- Integrated shock mounting
- Two step High-Pass Filter - Flat or 80Hz
- Three step PAD - 0, -10, -20dB
- Rugged reinforced ABS construction
- Windshield included
- 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Integrated cold shoe mount, 1/4" and 3/8" thread
- Designed and manufactured in Australia
- Full 2-year guarantee
RODE VideoMic Specifications :
- Acoustic Principle : Line plus Gradient
- Directional Pattern : Supercardioid
- Frequency range : 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz selectable HPF @ 80Hz/12dB/octave
- Output Impedance : 200 ohms
- Signal/Noise ratio DIN/IEC 651 : 74dB (1kHz rel 1 Pa; per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Equivalent Noise : 20dB SPL (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Maximum SPL : 134dB (@ 1% THD into 1kohms)
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kohms : -3dB re 1 Volt/Pascal (15mV @ 94dB SPL) -2dB (at 1kHz in free field into open circuit)
- Dynamic Range - DIN/IEC 651 : 114dB (per IEC651, IEC268-15)
- Power (Supply voltage) : 9V DC Alkaline Battery (ANSI:1604A or IEC:6LR61) Polar Pattern
- Current consumption : 5 mA
- Battery Life : >100 hours
- Output Connection : Stereo mini jack plug - 3.5mm
- Dimensions : 250mm (9-7/8") 65mm (2-1/2") 102mm (4-1/3")
- Weight - no battery : 176 grm. (6.21 oz.)