The Royer/Speiden SF-12 stereo coincident ribbon microphone is one of the finest devices of its kind, combining high quality audio performance with outstanding stereo separation and imaging. It is a modern ribbon design with no audible diffraction effects or cavity resonance.
The Royer SF-12 is actually two matched microphones placed one above the other, each aimed 45 degrees from center. The frequency response is excellent regardless of the angle of sound striking the ribbons and off-axis coloration is negligible.
The SF-12's extension cable comes with a Y adapter that splits into separate 3-pin male XLR connectors. The two connectors are labeled "Upper" and "Lower" for the upper and lower capsules of the microphone (when held vertically).
The two 1.8-micron ribbons are of pure aluminum (99.99%), each weighing approximately 1/3 milligram and producing superb transient response. The magnet/polepiece structure allows a wide uniform frequency range with no substantial peaks or dips. The case is ingot iron and forms part of the magnetic return circuit, an effective system with low leakage flux which accounts for the relatively high sensitivity in a trim package.
Royer SF-12 Features :
- True stereophonic recording from one microphone.
- High SPL capabilities.
- No internal active electronics to overload or produce distortion up to maximum SPL rating.
- Extremely low residual noise.
- Ribbon element not affected by heat or humidity.
- Absence of high frequency phase distortion.
- Equal sensitivity from front or back of elements.
- Consistent frequency response regardless of distance.
- High efficiency, matching toroid transformers.
- Very low magnetic leakage.
Recommended Applications :
Stereo & Distance miking
Overhead Drum miking
Brass Instruments - Horn Sections Woodwind Instruments Stereo Acoustic Piano, Harp, etc
Choirs, Orchestras, String Sections
Acoustic & Electric Guitars
Protective wood case, 18' Cable - *XLR5 to 2 standard 3 pin XLR male, microphone sock
Optional Accessories: Windscreen, Shock Mount Technical