Cardioid Studio Condenser Microphone with Shock Mount and Aluminum Case - in Champagne Finish
Designed and built based upon years of Shure research and development, the KSM32 is an embossed single-diaphragm, side-address, large diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. With it's Class A, transformerless preamp circuitry, this design virtually eliminates crossover distortion and brings improved linearity across its entire operating range.
The Shure KSM32 offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source - ideally suited for use with vocals, acoustic and wind instruments, ensembles, and the overhead miking of drums and percussion.
The Shure KSM32 is a side-address, cardioid condenser microphone for highly critical studio recording and live sound productions. It offers an extended frequency response for an open, natural sounding reproduction of the original sound source.
Shure KSM32/SL Features :
- Class A, transformerless preamplifier circuitry eliminates cross-over distortion for improved linearity across the full frequency range.
- Embossed, high-compliance diaphragm provides extended low-frequency response.
- Ultra-thin, gold-layered, low-mass, Mylar® diaphragm for excellent transient response
- 15 dB attenuation switch for handling extremely high sound pressure levels (SPL)
- Switchable low-frequency filter provides greater flexibility to reduce background noise or to counteract proximity effect.
- Integrated three-stage pop protection grille reduces "pop" and other breath noise
- Internal shock mount reduces transmission of handling noise
- Champagne-colored finish
Performance Characteristics :
- Extended frequency response
- Very low self-noise
- Exceptional low-frequency reproduction
- High output level
- High input SPL capability
- No cross-over distortion
- Extremely uniform polar response
- Superior common mode rejection and suppression of radio frequency interference
ncluded Accessories :
- Locking aluminum carrying case
- ShureLockTM elastic-suspension shock mount
- ShureLockTM swivel mount
- Protective velveteen pouch
Shure KSM32/SL Specifications :
Directional Polar Pattern
150 ohms (actual)
0 or -15 dB attenuation
Low Frequency response switch
flat; -6 db/octave below 115 Hz;
-18 dB/octave below 80 Hz
48 Vdc +/- 4 Vdc (IEC-268-15/DIN 45 596), positive pins 2 and 3
4.65 mA typical at 48 Vdc
Common Mode Rejection
> 50 dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on output pin 2 relative to pin 3
Dimensions and Weight
55.9 mm (2.20 in.) maximum body diameter, 187 mm (7.37 in.) long
490 grams (17.3 oz.)