TRUE Systems P2analog Mic Pre
2 Channel Analog Mic Pre with MS Decoding and 2 DI Inputs
The P2analog is designed to provide detailed, transparent sonic performance necessary for the most critical direct tracking and live sound applications. It includes a unique combination of functions that make it useful as a complete input system for standalone or PC-based recording systems. And, the P2analog has special features that provide the serious musician or recordist with useful tools to get the best sound more quickly and easily.
The P2analog features two instrument direct inputs (DIs) offering sonic performance previously thought to be available only with dedicated, high-end DIs. You'll get incredible articulation and control for electric bass, detail and smoothness for stringed instruments and punchy, clean sound with keyboards.
Even with today's emphasis on powerful digital audio platforms and software plug-ins to perform signal-processing tasks, the issue of microphone placement remains a critical variable in determining the quality of your final sonic product. The P2analog incorporates powerful features that assist you in achieving optimum microphone placement for nearly any stereo recording situation.
P2analog features a high-voltage composite architecture with discrete devices plus integrated circuits. The totally balanced, dual servo, dc-coupled design provides exceptional transient response, head room, imaging and noise performance. Military grade, hand-matched components are utilized in critical circuit areas. All signal switching is done via hi-reliability gold-contact relays in order to maintain an extremely short signal path. These design features result in the transparent, detailed sound quality for which TRUE preamps have become known.
- Two highly transparent solid state microphone preamps in a 1 unit rack configuration
- Challenges the recognized leaders in sonic accuracy and performance
- Built-in M-S (Mid-Side) decoding for creative spacial image control
- Active, high-impedance instrument inputs ("DI's") selectable on two channels
- 5-segment level indicators with peak-hold feature and selectable peak reference
- Smooth continuous gain controls
- Easy interface to MDM's, HDR's, DAW's, or consoles
- Dual DB25/TRS outputs for flexible interconnection
- Elegant, sturdy physical design
- Exceptional cost per channel value
- Gain (microphone): +16 to +64 dB
- Gain (direct input): -4 to +44 dB
- Frequency Response (gain=40 dB): 1.5 Hz to 500 kHz (+0/-3 dB)
- Maximum Output Level: +31 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: +15 dBu
- Input Impedance (microphone): 5.5 kOhms
- Input Impedance (direct input): 2 Mohms
- Noise (Rs=0 Ohms): -132 dB e.i.n.
- Slew Rate: > 40 V/uS
- CMRR (CMV=+10 dBu): 85 dB
- Crosstalk: -130 dB
- THD (+26 dBu, 100 kOhm): .0008%
- Power Requirements: 120VAC, 60 Hz, 44 Watts
- Dimensions (chassis):
W=17.4 in. (442 mm)
D =13.4 in. (341 mm)
H =1.74 in. (44.2mm)
- Knob extension: 1 in. (25.4 mm)
- Weight: 14.5 lbs. (6.6 kg)
Typical performance. Specifications subject to change without notice. 2 Channels, MS decoding, 2 DI inputs