TRUE Systems pT2-500D Precision Dynamic Preamp
500 Series Preamp
TRUE Systems announces the introduction of our pT2-500D Precision Dynamic Preamp in the API 500 series module format. The pT2-500D preamp is optimized for dynamic and ribbon microphones, and
also produces superior results with self powered tube microphones. While similar to our TEC nominated pT2-500, it provides more gain (76dB) and higher input impedance, along with a unique low frequency adjust control. The LO F Adjust is a 6 position switch that provides nuanced low frequency contouring that can be particularly effective with vocals and bass DI applications. A discrete FET DI with In and Thru
connections completes the package.
- API 500 series module format
- Detented, continuous Gain Control and Dual Gain Ranges for: 76dB maximum gain, Easy recall of gain settings, Easy gain setting over wide gain ranges
- High Input Impedance for: More clarity and accuracy with ribbon and dynamic microphones
- Low Frequency Adjust Control for: Nuanced low frequency contouring, better definition of vocals and bass without boosting high midrange, Elimination of low frequency “mud”
- “Real DI” with IN and THRU jacks for: Easy hookup to amps for simultaneous DI and amp’d tracking or live sound
- Totally Balanced Topology for: Insensitivity to ground noise/loops Insensitivity to EMI, both external and from adjacent modules/power supplies, Reduced distortion
- Rail to Rail design for: Higher internal headroom, Higher maximum input level without pad, Higher output level without transformer and excessive power supply current
- 0.1% precision resistors for: Exceptional Common Mode and Output Signal Balance performance, Excellent unit to unit sonic consistency
- Steel Enclosure for: Protection from EMI and RFI, Protection from ESD and handling contamination/damage
- 4 Level Signal Meter
- pT2-500D SPECIFICATIONS
- Max. Output (0.001% THD): +29 dBu
- THD N (+26dBu, Gain=40dB): 0.0006%
- Max.Input (no pad): +20.5dBu ( +28dBu, output at min. gain)
- Frequency Response (Gain=40dB): 1.5Hz to 550KHz(-3dB)
- Noise (Rs=50 ohms): -133dBu e.i.n.
- Slew Rate: > 50V/uS
- CMRR(CMV = +10dBu, 30Hz to 20KHz): 85dB
- Low Frequency Adjust (-3dB, 6dB/oct): 40Hz, 80Hz, 160Hz, 280Hz, 400Hz
- Low Gain Range, preamp: 7.5dB to 59dB
- High Gain Range, preamp:24.5dB to 76dB
- Input Impedance, preamp: 10K ohm
- Low Gain Range, DI: 89.5dB to 42dB
- High Gain Range, DI: 7.5dB to 59dB
- Input Impedance, DI: 2.5M ohm
- Power Consumption: +/8 16VDC, 65mA.
- Physical Configuration: per API™ 500 series module specification.
- (Preliminary specifications subject to change without notice)