The TUBE-TECH CL 2A Dual Compressor features two independent optical compressors. The optical gain reduction element is placed after the input transformer and then followed by an all tube-based output amplifier with a +10 dB gain. A switch with three positions (Link 1, Off, Link 2) is used whenever you want to use the two separate compressors in stereo mode or link several compressors together. The two link busses are identical.
Both Input and Output are balanced and have fully floating transformers with a static screen. The power supply and the sidechain circuit is based on a solid state circuit. With the exception of the anode voltage for the output stage all DC voltages are stabilized.
Tube Tech CL-2A Features :
- Optical gain reduction element
- Linkable for stereo applications
- Dual VU-meters showing output or compression
- Variable attack and release with a 1.5:1 to 10:1
- Output Gain (off to +10 dB)
- Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
- Low noise: < -80 dBu @10 dB gain
- Conductive plastic potentiometers
- Gold plated switches
- Clickless bypass relay
Tube Tech CL-2A Specifications :
Input: 5 kohm
Output: < 60 ohm
* Frequency response @ -3 dB: 5 Hz to 60 kHz
* Distortion THD+N @ 40 Hz
0 dBu: < 0,15 %
+10 dBu: < 0,15 %
* Noise Rg=200 ohm
Output Gain @ 0dB +10 dB
22 Hz-22 kHz: < -80 dBu < -80 dBu
CCIR-468-4: < -70 dBu < -70 dBu
* Cross talk @ 10 kHz: < -60 dB
* CMRR @ 10 kHz: < -60 dB
* Max. output @ 1 % THD+N: > +26 dBu
* Gain: off to +10 dB
Ratio: 1.5:1 to 10:1
Threshold: off to -20 dBu
Attack: 3 ms to 60 ms
Release: 60 ms to 2 s
ECC 82 2 pc
ECC 83 2 pc
Height:2 units 88 mm 3.5"
Width: 480 mm 19.0"
Depth: 205 mm 8.1"
Net: 5.8 kg 12.8 lbs.
* Power requirements
@ 115 V/230 V, 50-60 Hz: 35 W