Rare opportunity to acquire one of the most sought after limiters on the market, available with the following mods:
– AT-101 Stereo limiter s/n 1021 ( Anodized ) US ver (120v)
– Supplied x1 low speed low noise 1u rack fan (120v) foc
– Full Bypass kit
– Custom Anodized instrumentation and service panel with additional engraving for AC threshhold controls foc
– 21 position stepped AC Threshold controls (2pcs) foc
– Infill colour – Black
– Lateral / Vertical transformer mod.
The AT-101 is a faithful recreation of the original Fairchild 670 stereo limiter. The AT-101 is built using traditional point-to-point wiring methods and standard turret component mounts. The audio path and power supply are completely free from any printed circuit boards.
The AT-101, like the original Fairchild 670, has been assembled completely by hand and uses high quality modern components. The tube complement is exactly the same using a new generation 6386 remote cut-off triode developed to replace the original 50 year old tube types many of which were used in the Fairchild 670.
WHAT IT DOES:
The AT-101 is a beautiful and natural sounding Stereo limiter that brings out detail in your tracks. The unique features of it’s legendary design allow all types of instruments and sound to sit “up front” in the mix sounding fatter and bigger bringing the material forward to add depth, dimension and clarity to your music. The AT-101 glues the image together for all types of program and gives your mixes a “finished” quality making this natural sounding compressor an indispensable tool.
– Original 1db per step ‘T’ Attenuators (21 step total)
– Original complement of tubes
– Fully transformer balanced audio path
– 5 &12 Watt Non-Inductive Wire-Wound resistors throughout Audio Path
– Original Non-Inductive Pots throughout
– Original Anode supply
– Original CVT heater supply
– Stereo Link switch fitted
– Simpson Electric metering
– Original front panel
– Large Knobs