Aviom AV-P2 Output Module
The AV-P2 Output Module is designed to provide a 1- or 2-channel analog output from a 16-channel Pro16 A-Net stream, easily selected using a front-panel rotary switch. Independent output levels for the left and right channels are set using DIP switches.
Power can be supplied to the AV-P2 with an external DC power supply or over the Cat-5e cable when connected to an A-Net Distributor.
Each AV-P2 Output Module in a Pro16 system receives a 16-channel A-Net stream from an input module, console interface card, A-Net distributor, or Pro64 audio network (via the ASI A-Net Systems Interface module). It provides a one or two channel, mono or stereo analog output from that 16-channel digital audio stream.
A front-panel rotary switch allows the output to be set to any one of those 16 source channels. If the selected channel is part of a stereo pair (set at the input module), the left and right channels are automatically routed to the left and right outputs on the AV-P2. If the selected channel is not part of a stereo pair, the selected mono channel’s audio is routed to both the left and right outputs. The analog output level for each channel is set with front-panel DIP switches.
AV-P2 modules can be connected in any combination of serial or parallel connections, using Pro16 A-Net Distributors. There is no limit to the number of devices that can be daisy chained, or to the number of parallel splits in a single system. The AV-P2 is compatible with most Pro16 Series products and can be used in any combination with A360, A320, A-16II and A-16R Personal Mixers, the AN-16/o Output Module, and the A-16D and A-16D Pro A-Net Distributors. The AV-P2 is not compatible with any devices that use the high channel count Pro16e A-Net protocol.
Audio is distributed to the AV-P2 over standard Cat-5e cables, using Aviom’s Pro16 A-Net digital audio protocol which supports plug-and-play installation, real-time distribution with sub-millisecond latency, and long cable runs up to 500ft/150m. Power can be supplied to the AV-P2 with an external DC power supply or over the Cat-5e cable (with an A-Net Distributor).
The AV-P2 includes reversible mounting flanges. Two AV-P2 modules can be mounted side by side on a standard 1U rack tray.
- Provides 1or 2-channel analog output from a Pro16 A-Net stream
- Independently selectable output levels for left and right channels
- 48kHz, 24-bit D/A converters
- Optional power over Cat-5e using a Pro16 A-Net Distributor
- Reversible mounting flanges
- 2, impedance balanced line-level
- 5.0 mm Euroblock connectors, female, panel- mount
- 2 male Euroblock connectors supplied in box
- Screw terminals: Audio +; Audio -; Ground
- 16-position rotary switch
- 48kHz, 24-bit
- Maximum Output Level: +18dBu
- Output Level Trim from 0dB to -35.9dB in 1.5dB steps;
- 6-position DIP switch, per channel
- LEDs; red: Power, green: A-Net Active, yellow: Stereo Pair
- 100 ohms
Signal to Noise (unweighted)
- 93dB typical, A/D to D/A
- Measured from AN-16/i Input Module to AV-P2
- 4Hz-22kHz +0.2dB/-3dB
- -93dB at -10dBFS
- -85dB at 1kHz
Bit Error Rate (BER)
- A-Net In: 1; A-Net Out: 1; RJ45 connectors
- Uses unshielded Cat-5e UTP (or better) cable
- The AV-P2 is not compatible with the Pro16e version of A-Net
- < 0.880 msec (measured from analog input to analog output)
Power Supply, Input Voltage, Output Voltage, Plug Size
- External, DC, universal switching type
- 100-240 volts, 50/60Hz, 30VA
- 18-24 VDC, 0.5 amp
- 2 mm, locking, center pin hot
- 7.45″ (189.2 mm) wide x 7″ (177.8 mm) deep; 1U high
- 3.4 lbs (1.54 kg)