Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer (Used) from Sterling Mastering
The Bettermaker Mastering Equalizer is a mastering grade EQ for recording, mixing, mastering, and an expansion on their popular EQ232P MkII. Like all Bettermaker products, the Mastering EQ features a 100% analog signal path with comprehensive digital control, recall, and automation. All parameters can be controlled via the onboard 5” touch screen/encoders or via DAW with a dedicated plugin. The USB connectivity is MAC/PC compatible and the custom USB protocol is used exclusively for control which does not pass audio. Up to 399 presets are recall-able via internal memory or plugin.
The Mastering EQ features 4 parametric EQ bands as well as high and low pass filter sections. The outer boundary parametric bands may also be changed from a bell curve to a shelf. A passive Pultec style section and “air bands” at 23 and 28 kHz have also been included. The display features a live representation of the EQ curve with a RTA (Real Time Analyzer) for input/output signal built-in to the unit. 100% true analog bypass can be engaged via a front panel switch and each EQ section can be individually enabled/disabled. EQ bands can be interlocked to adjust a combination of bands in sync, for example quickly to make a wider EQ range darker/brighter. The mastering EQ can operate in stereo, dual mono, and M/S modes for a wide array of applications.
– 100% analog audio signal path
– USB connectivity with MAC/PC
– all parameters are digitally controlled via touchscreen and/or DAW (with dedicated plugin)
– 399 presets, total recall, A/B comparison
– 5-inch capacitive touchscreen with back-light, four encoders with push-button action for ease of control
– stereo, dual-mono and mid/side operation modes with focus function
– stereo 12 or 24dB/oct high-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency (10Hz – 240 hz; extended to 6Hz with the resonance enabled)
– four stereo parametric filters with 15dB boost/cut range, variable Q (0.2 – 7):
– EQ1: 22Hz – 470Hz (bell/shelf)
– EQ2: 90Hz – 2kHz (bell)
– EQ3: 480Hz – 10kHz (bell)
– EQ4: 1kHz – 23kHz (bell/shelf)
– stereo passive equalizer with extended hi-boost section (20 and 28 kHz)
– stereo 12dB/oct low-pass filter with adjustable cutoff frequency (2 – 38 kHz)
– adjustable output level (+/- 10dB)
– Frequency Search, Gain Lock, Note and Auto-Q functions
– on-board measurement of PEAK/RMS levels and RTA analyzer
– on-screen live representation of the EQ curve
DOWNLOAD/VIEW A COMPLETE SPEC SHEET PDF HERE
PRODUCT MANUAL PDF LINK
HOW IS IT DIFFERENT FROM THE BETTERMAKER EQ232P MKII?
The Mastering Equalizer contains the same circuits as the EQ232P MkII plus:
-+/- 12dB input regulation.
-Two additional parametric filters that can be turned into shelf filters.
-Additional Lowpass 12dB/oct filter.
-The Highpass filter is switchable between 12 and 24dB/oct and has resonance regulation.
-The P section has the low frequency selection disbanded between boost and attenuation and the high section has two additional bands, 23kHz and 28kHz.
-There is a perfect representation of the EQ curves, just like you would use a plugin.
-On top of that, there is an input and output RTA.