Bogner Goldfinger 54 PHI 66 Watt Tube Head
The unique ability to run a pair of 6L6’s and 6V6’s together or individually either on high or low plate voltage is what sets this single channel amplifier apart!
A Chameleon tone stack and small footprint with power from 9 to 66 watts of clean headroom bring you mobility and flexibility.
The front end is vaguely based on the Goldfinger 45’s pre-amp but with the ability to change it’s tonal character via the BAX mode from a classic 60’s tone stack to a Bax EQ which is reminiscent of 50’s department store amps. BAX EQ engaged takes away the big bass with shimmering high cleans to a pure balanced even EQ spectrum that is unique, articulate and vintage in style.
Two individual boost circuits let you either add more preamp push, a trim pot helps dialing in your personal preferred level, or a fatter tone with singing mids for solos with a more overall British voiced tone, both accessible via the foot controller.
Phi also includes lush spring reverb and a tube buffered effects loop. A single 16 and selectable dual 8 or 4 ohm speaker outputs as well as an adjustable flat frequency Line Out for routing IR speaker simulation software or running post effects for stereo bi-amping setups.
The flexible tube array with two 6V6’s plus two 6L6’s combined as well as the option to mute either pair and run it on high or low power setting via the three position Standby switch makes the Goldfinger 54 Phi a multitude of different single channel amplifiers in one. It can be a 66, 58, 33, 27, 19 or 9 watt amplifier each with a different feel, compression and volume.
The head version with a 17 by 9.5 inch footprint at a height of only 8.25 inch is among the very smallest all tube 66 watt amplifiers on the market and consider all the features and you will find no competition left.
The 1×12 combo constructed of solid pine with a screwed on birch baffle is loaded with a Celestion 65 cream back and comes in at a mere 54 pounds (24.5Kg)
The Greek letter Phi Φ is used as symbol for the Golden Ratio.
- Single Channel Tube Amplifier
- Footswitch controllable Boost with gain control
- Footswitch controllable Solo Boost
- Footswitch controllable tube-buffered series FX-Loop
- 3 position send level switch and FX return level control
- FX trail mode switch
- Footswitch controllable spring reverb
- Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, Gain & Loudness controls
- Bax EQ mode switch
- High and Low EQ Expand switches
- Duet of 6V6 and 6L6 each with individual mute switches
- 3 position Standby switch for high or low power operation
- Output power of 66, 58, 33, 27, 19 or 9 watts
- Single 16 and dual selectable 8 or 4 ohm speaker outputs
- Flat frequency Line Out with level control
- Functions on footswitch: reverb, fx loop, solo, boost
- 1×12″ open back pine combo
- Matching open 1×12 pine cabinet
- Matching open 2×12 pine cabinet
To learn more about Bogner Amplification, Click Here