Bogner Shiva Series 80W Tube Guitar Amp Head
Years of Bogner designs distilled down to its purest form, is the SHIVA…
Featuring two highly evolved channels, capable of clean tones that shimmer like icicles in the deep of winter moonlight and tube saturation that is so rich and powerful it should be illegal in the free world. Foot-switchable boost function for both channels, variable for channel 2.
The Shiva is a masterful study of refined elegance, providing the synergy of one’s heart and hands.
Standard Shiva EL34 models are 80 watts and have a nice throaty growl with aggressive English-style midrange to punch thru the mix. 6L6 models are 60 watts and have a touch more lowend/highend extension that’s more American-style. The sweet/rich sounding Reverb option offers individual level controls for each channel, don’t need reverb on the clean channel but need a bit on the high-gain channel, no problem dial in just the right level needed. The Shiva also has a Tube-buffered series FX-Loop. 1×12 Combo features a newly designed and revolutionary ported speaker enclosure that sounds very full, almost like a 4×12 cabinet. There is more than enough bass response to rearrange your living room furniture, if needed.
20th Anniversary Shiva comes with a pair of KT88’s and the amp is rated at 90 watts. The clean channel has an entire new boost circuit. Unlike the tone stack bypass boost on the other Shiva model this boost has a separate gain stage which brings this channel into Plexi territory when boost is engaged. The tone controls stay in the circuit and affect the sound.
The gain channel features higher gain and a slightly more refined type of gain. Two push button switches have been added to further shape the tone. The Shift button will as it is labeled shift the EQ., pushed in you will have a more Fender or type tone, less mids softer feel. One could say it will please the Dumble favoring players. The Mode button if pushed in will give a more aggressive in your face feel.
A power amp dampening control was added located on the back panel. This control labeled Excursion is great to dial in a full sound at low volumes or adjust the right balanced bass to a cabinet. Be careful as this can add massive bottom to your sound which might overpower other frequencies and cover up an overall balanced sound. Best to keep low at higher volumes.
- 2 Channel All Tube Design
- Ch.1: Bass, Treble & Volume control, Bright switch
- Ch.2: Bass, Middle, Treble, Gain & Volume control, Bright and Shift switch
- Boost mode, variable via independent Volume control on Ch.2
- Common Master Volume and Presence control
- Tube buffered series FX Loop with pedal and rack sends and returns
- Functions on footswitch: ch.1 or Ch.2, boost, reverb
- 80 watt EL34 or 60 watt 6L6 power amp
- Reverb with independent reverb level controls for each channel
- 20th Anniversary circuit, 90W KT88, Mode switch for Ch. 2, excursion control, plexi panel with gold background, head enclosure with classic bottom mounted look
- Available as Head, ported 1×12 or 2×10 closed back combo and open back 2×12 combo
To learn more about Bogner Amplification, Click Here