Earthworks EA-CTB30 30kHz Boundary Microphones
The Earthworks CTB30 tabletop boundary microphones are designed for permanent installation in ceilings and tabletops for conferencing and other speech applications.
The Earthworks CTB30 boundary microphone is the perfect choice for high quality conferencing applications. Its extended high frequency response to 30kHz and Omni Semisphere polar response provide the same high intelligibility at virtually any point around a conference table or other surface on which the microphone is mounted. In addition, the extremely fast diaphragm settling time allows more subtle details and nuances of the human voice to be reproduced, which adds to the incredible clarity and intelligibility of the CTB30 at various distances from the microphone.
The CTB30 incorporates a unique filter that significantly reduces low frequency table thumping and HVAC noise. Additionally, it delivers an impressive reduction of unwanted sounds from paper shuffling.
Measuring just 4.1 inches in diameter, the CTB30’s sleek design fits seamlessly into any room. It comes with a 10 ft (3.04m) low profile cable with XLR-3M attached, which is designed to exit from the side or bottom of the microphone. The XLR can be removed, allowing the cable to run through a small hole in the table surface for permanent installation. Two 6-32 screw holes and a keyhole are found on the bottom of the microphone for secure mounting, if required.
The Ultimate in Freedom of Movement
When capturing every word is critical but the microphone has the flexibility to be mobile, the Earthworks TableComm microphones are the most reliable miking solution. Optimized for speech, these microphones feature a flat frequency response out to 30kHz that delivers the highest level of speech intelligibility and articulation. This means less straining to understand the words being spoken due to poor audio quality, so more time can be spent understanding the message being transmitted.
With an extended high frequency response to 30kHz and near-perfect polar response, the CTB and CTF microphones provide ultra high speech intelligibility and incredible coverage. In addition, the extremely fast diaphragm settling time allows more subtle details and nuances of the human voice to be reproduced, which adds to the amazing clarity and intelligibility of these microphones at various distances from the microphone.
This wider coverage also means that fewer Earthworks microphones are required to properly cover a conference room, cutting down on the number of channels of DSP, cables and other ancillary equipment required for the system. Compatible with all DSP systems that provide 24-48V phantom power, the TableComm microphones can easily integrate into existing system designs or new installations.
The low profile base can be permanently affixed to a surface or temporarily placed on a tabletop, making it ideal for ad hoc meeting spaces or boardroom tables that you wish not to drill into.
The microphone incorporates a unique filter that minimizes HVAC noise, table thumping and paper shuffling, which can disrupt the sound.
– Specially engineered filter to minimize table thumping and HVAC noise
– Reduced pickup of paper shuffling
– 30kHz flat frequency response optimized for speech
– Ultra high intelligibility
– More gain before feedback
– Near perfect polar pattern
– True Semisphere omnidirectional polar pattern
– RF resistant
– Rubber, shock absorbing pads eliminate vibration noise
– Designed to allow cable to exit from the rear or bottom of the microphone
– Low profile design
– Only 4.1 inches (10.4cm) in diameter
– Available in black, white, silver or Nextel Dark Black finish
– Primary applications include teleconferencing, distance learning, surveillance, boardrooms, government facilities, worship facilities and ambient room miking
– CTB30-B 30kHz omni, black finish
– CTB30-NB 30kHz omni, Nextel Dark Black finish
– CTB30-S 30kHz omni, silver finish
– CTB30-W 30kHz omni, white finish
Conferencing / Installed Sound
To learn more about Earthworks, Click Here