Earthworks TC30 30khz Omni for Loud Sources
Omnidirectional condenser microphone for recording & live performances
– 9Hz – 30kHz flat frequency response
– Omnidirectional polar pattern
– Handles up to 150dB SPL without distortion
The TC30 is an omnidirectional microphone designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
With a whopping SPL rating of 150dB the TC30 has plenty of headroom, so there is no need to worry about distortion, even with the loudest instruments. And there is no proximity effect, so you can get the TC30 as close as you want to the sound source.
With an extended 9Hz – 30kHz ruler-flat frequency response, the result is a more accurate representation of the original sound. Its transient response is ultra fast, handling sharp attacks with ease, while still picking up all of the subtle nuances and softest dynamics of your playing. The TC30 is time coherent, precisely capturing high and low frequency sounds with no phase errors, which will smear transients and create other time related distortions.
Its near-perfect omnidirectional polar pattern is uniform across all specified frequencies, letting the microphone capture rich and consistent detail at any position around the capsule.
Designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects.
The TC Series (Time Coherent) is designed for recording louder sources such as drums, percussion, amplified instruments and loud sound effects. Microphones in this series allow recording of louder acoustic sources without overloading the preamplifier. Models in the TC Series are often the choice for recording drum overheads, close miked or amplified instruments and sound effects.
– High definition audio
– Near-perfect polar response
– Uniform frequency response on or off-axis
– Ultra-fast impulse response
– Captures the full impact of an attack
– Extreme accuracy in the time domain for faithful reproduction and no smearing or distortion
– Reliable performance
By starting with an honest recording, you can make sonic coloration choices after you have had the chance to hear your instrument in its purist form. Then you can determine what, if any, adjusting your sound needs. There’s no plugin for clean sound, so start with the right tool in your arsenal that gives you the ultimate control over sculpting your sound into the recording you want.
Earthworks studio microphones do not impart any character to your recordings. Rather, they let your instrument shine with the truest and cleanest capture. With their extended frequency response, near perfect polar pattern, ultra-fast impulse response and time coherency, Earthworks studio microphones deliver life-like realism and total clarity to your recordings.
TC30 Impulse Chart
– General-purpose omni
– Ideal for a wide variety of instruments and vocals, including acoustic guitar, string instruments and piano
– Frequency response goes to 25kHz
– For live sound the TC25 can be used for close miking instrument amps, drums or brass
– Omnidirectional polar pattern
– Accurate and uncolored
– Effortlessly handle high sound pressure levels up to 150dB SPL while simultaneously capturing subtle details
– Fast impulse response and diaphragm settling time
– Exceptional flat frequency response and are time coherent, so they sound natural and uncolored
– Requires 48V Phantom Power
– Acoustic String Instruments
– Bass Amp
– Guitar Amp
TC30 30kHz omnidirectional microphone for loud sources
TC30mp 30kHz omnidirectional microphone for loud sources – Matched Pair