Meyer Sound X-400C Compact Cinema Subwoofer
Part of Meyer Sound’s EXP cinema series, the Meyer Sound X-400C compact subwoofer boosts lowfrequency headroom in cinema applications and other fixed installations. The linear, self-powered X-400C offers similar sonic characteristics as the X-800C subwoofer — low-frequencies down to 20 Hz, clean, punchy transients, and excellent phase coherence — though in a more compact cabinet that can be installed singly or as multiple units.
The Meyer Sound X-400C is comprised of a single 18-inch low-frequency, long-excursion cone driver housed in an optimally tuned, vented cabinet and powered by a single-channel amplifier. Onboard processing includes driver protection circuitry, low-pass filtering, and correction filters for flat phase and frequency responses.
The IntelligentAC power supply affords automatic voltage selection, EMI filtering, soft current turn-on, and surge suppression. The Meyer Sound X-400C integrates seamlessly with other EXP cinema loudspeakers, including the Acheron screen channel loudspeakers and HMS surround loudspeakers.
Meyer Sound’s optional RMS remote monitoring system provides comprehensive monitoring of system parameters on a Mac or Windows- based computer. The Meyer Sound X-400C cabinet is constructed of premium birch plywood and coated with a low-gloss, black-textured finish. The cabinet includes attachment points for an optional grille frame with black cloth.
– High peak power output with excellent transient reproduction
– Extended low frequency range down to 20 Hz
– Extremely low distortion for exceptional low-frequency clarity
– Flat amplitude and phase responses for tonal accuracy
– Integrates with Acheron Studio and Acheron Designer screen channel loudspeakers
– Integrates with HMS-5, HMS-10, and HMS-12 surround loudspeakers
– Sound design suites
– Small theatres and custom, private
– Screening rooms
– Mixing for postproduction facilities
– Immersive surround applications
To learn more about Meyer Sound, Click Here