Meyer X10 High-Resolution Linear Control Room Monitor Pair (Used)
Clean one owner pair purchased new in 2013 for home use. Includes set of $7000 Heimdall 2 cables
Features and Benefits of the Meyer Sound X-10
- Near-perfect impulse response affords extremely realistic sound image
- Servo-controlled low-frequency driver ensures true linearity and extremely low distortion
- Uniform, wide coverage provides broad “sweet spot” and exceptional sound stage
- Very high peak power capability for clean, accurate transient reproduction
- Unprecedented clarity maximizes “depth of field”
- Control room monitor
- Large-scale surround mixing
- High-end playback systems
- Soundtrack recording and mixing
Incorporating cutting-edge technology adapted from avionics, the X-10 demonstrates unprecedented low-frequency linearity and extremely low distortion. Featuring a near-perfect impulse response with prodigious output capability, the X-10 reproduces audio signals with astounding clarity, unequalled depth of field and pinpoint imaging.
A high-output, linear 15-inch cone driver with long excursion and 4-inch voice coil suspended in dual concentric rings of neodymium magnets handles low frequencies. To maintain linear operation of this extremely powerful driver, the X-10 uses patented PSAC pressure sensing active control circuitry, a sophisticated feedback technology originally developed for control systems on USAF stealth aircraft. PSAC employs a custom pressure sensing device and computer-modeled, high-order correction circuits to achieve near-perfect linearity and precise resolution of low/mid detail.
The Meyer X-10 high-frequency section uses a 4-inch diaphragm compression driver with optimized dome topology, coupled to a patented constant-Q waveguide with a uniform pattern, to maintain stable imaging and a wide”sweet spot.” Complementary MOSFET amplifiers operating as class A below 40 watts and class AB at high levels drive both transducers. RMS remote monitoring system is fitted as standard.
For applications requiring very high monitoring levels with extreme low-frequency transients, the optional X-800 self-powered subwoofer and dedicated X-01 crossover module extend system power bandwidth and headroom below 250 Hz.