Pultec EQM-1A3 Pair Mastering Equalizer Reissues (Used)
Pultec EQM-1A3 Two-band Mastering Equalizer Features:
- Single-channel, two-band equalizer built exactly like the original, legendary Pultec units
- Combines the vintage character of original Pultecs with the reliability of modern design
- Incredibly low noise floor for a pure sound
- 21-position stepped switches make setting recall easy
- Bandwidth control lets you decide how wide a range you’re sculpting
- Separate boost and cut controls provide some extra creative potential
Boost, cut, or both – it all sounds greatTake a look at the Pultec EQM-1A3 and you’ll see it’s not designed like your typical equalizer. The two-band design basically gives you flexible high-shelving and low-shelving control, with a twist. Because the boost and attenuate controls work independently you can use an old trick to add thump to the bass region while also notching a bit above the cutoff point, by boosting and attenuating at the same time (try it on kick drum and you’ll never look back). On the high-shelf side things are similar, except you can set separate ranges for the boost and attenuation. Said another way, you can boost at 12kHz and cut at 5kHz, adding “air” to a track without increasing presence.
Precise stepped controls for accurate recallWhen you’re mastering with outboard gear, it’s crucial to be able to accurately recall settings. The EQM-1A3 mastering equalizer sports 21-position stepped switches for its boost/attenuation controls. The tapers have been engineered to give you a maximum of 10dB of boost/cut, with .5dB step increments. So when you need to recall exact settings, the EQM-1A3 makes it easy and precise.